Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NitrousFlare

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
Out of 8506 songs, 1067 are waiting and greyed out.

The files aren't on my computer, and when I try to delete them it asks if I want to delete them from iCloud.

When I try to download, the option is greyed out.

When I update iTunes Match (Store->Update iTunes Match) it checks my library and doesn't update the waiting+greyed out tracks.

How do I get my files back??

jklowder

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2011
Great question. Same issue. iTunes Match froze my network around 8 times before fully completing my approx 3,000 songs. It tells me that my entire Library is on the Cloud... and then proceeds to tell me that I have songs I can download from the Cloud but greys them out to where I cannot even listen to them (so ultimately it seems as if those songs are lost somewhere).

Gonna follow this and see what happens (will update after):

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4054

NitrousFlare

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2007
I tried updating iTunes Match and it didn't work.

However, I found all of my missing songs in the trash. I dragged them back into my library, and now iTunes Match is reviewing them again.

Pain in the ass..

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
how do i know what songs are missing? i have 61 songs remaining and iTunes freezes up everytime, making the fan run crazy and i think it has something to do with the songs that are purchased with a different ID

jklowder

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2011
iTunes freezes up everytime, making the fan run crazy

My laptop responded the same way. I just kept running iTunes Match until it slowly... and painfully.... added.... a few.... songs.... here and there. Afterwards, I went to my Library and you can now organize it by iCloud Status (Link above shows how) and then see if some songs were not added bc of some ******** or if some songs just werent good enough for Match.

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
how do i know what songs are missing? i have 61 songs remaining and iTunes freezes up everytime, making the fan run crazy and i think it has something to do with the songs that are purchased with a different ID

My laptop responded the same way. I just kept running iTunes Match until it slowly... and painfully.... added.... a few.... songs.... here and there. Afterwards, I went to my Library and you can now organize it by iCloud Status (Link above shows how) and then see if some songs were not added bc of some ******** or if some songs just werent good enough for Match.

remove wifi syncing (makes iTunes slow even when not syncing). sped up my iTunes 10x.

stewlis

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2012
NC
Turning off Wi-Fi Sync Helped

Same problem. Turning off the iPhone wi-fi sync seems to have helped, though it is still moving rather slowly (assuming because there are so many people trying to do this simultaneously). Thanks for the tip!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.