Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BCurry1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Oklahoma
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just got an email, Magpul has updated the iPhone 4 case. Looks good!

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG451/

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
Any idea if the front of the case has been improved? Too much of a loose gap with the one I have.

McJUG

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2010
How tight is the fit? Is the material "firm" or soft like silicone? I like the way it looks but I am concerned that it does not have a hard exoskeleton to keep it tight against the phone.

CJisohsocool

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2009
This looks like an amazing case for the price, the design is a bit uhh... manly? lol, but what can you really expect from a gun shop lol

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
I received the newer field case last week and I love it! For the price you couldn't ask for more. It has a great feel in the hand imho. The only thing I didn't like about it, is its such a tight fight going on that the lucky labs spectra wrap crumpled up. I had put them on to keep the case from polishing the metal like a case did to my iPhone 4. Hopefully, with it being such a tight fit and it being no play at all, maybe it won't polish the metal.

----------

How tight is the fit? Is the material "firm" or soft like silicone? I like the way it looks but I am concerned that it does not have a hard exoskeleton to keep it tight against the phone.

It is definitely tight against the phone! I am not really sure how to describe the case, its not soft like a silicone TPU case would be but it is by no means hard. To me it just feels like a quality made product should, at a third of the cost!

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA

I missed your post when I posted earlier. The fit is tight and the case is very firm. It's not soft at all. The case adds hardly any bulk. Build quality is more like a $50 case than a $10 case, seriously!

chickdigger802

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
I liked the case but I had this problem

Photo%20Aug%2022%2C%203%2059%2022%20PM.jpeg

I think sweat and oil and what not gets caught under it causing this problem. Anybody else get this?

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
does this fit the 4s?

All I can attest to is the new Field Case will fit the 4s. I believe the newer ones have a MAG451 part number. As far as the Executive Field Case I am not really sure.

----------

I liked the case but I had this problem

I think sweat and oil and what not gets caught under it causing this problem. Anybody else get this?

I've seen other people mention this issue before, but I've never seen a response as to what the cause of it was. I have owned similar cases to the magpul in the past and never experienced an issue like this. How long does it usually take for this to happen? To me this seems to be a serious issue.

burgerkong

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2010
The greasy substance is the plasticizer that makes plastic soft. Most soft plastic objects have this problem so it's not just isolated to the Magpul case. I cleaned it up with some orange cleaner and to avoid the same problem I stuck a piece of paper towel between the back of the phone and the case.

Brendan

LinuxHack3r

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2011
I just purchased the Magpul Field Case, and I have to say, I am more satisfied with this $10 case than I was with my $30 Otterbox Commuter.

I like the firmness of the case, it doesn't subject me the the constant bending of silicone as I take it in an out of my pockets.

I guess if oils ever build up, I will wash it in the sink. I guess if that doesn't work, I will buy another one.

THIS is probably one of my favorite phone cases ever, it definitely the cheapest I have ever bought, and it is designed and made in the good old USA!

I love Magpul as a company even more than I did last week:)

Infinite Jest

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Harrisonburg, Va
I just purchased the Magpul Field Case, and I have to say, I am more satisfied with this $10 case than I was with my $30 Otterbox Commuter.

I like the firmness of the case, it doesn't subject me the the constant bending of silicone as I take it in an out of my pockets.

I guess if oils ever build up, I will wash it in the sink. I guess if that doesn't work, I will buy another one.

THIS is probably one of my favorite phone cases ever, it definitely the cheapest I have ever bought, and it is designed and made in the good old USA!

I love Magpul as a company even more than I did last week:)

I couldn't agree with you more. The quality of the material, fit, and molding precision is just outstanding. I'm truly surprised that the price wasn't jacked up simply because of the "Made in America" selling point. I will never buy a different case (brand).

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Anyone use the new field case with side protectors on their phone? Does it scrunch the side protectors up bc of tight fitment? That's the only thing keeping me from buying one..

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Anyone use the new field case with side protectors on their phone? Does it scrunch the side protectors up bc of tight fitment? That's the only thing keeping me from buying one..

I'm using the new Field Case, but I don't have any side protectors on the phone, only a Power Support AG HD screen protector and a generic eBay back protector. It works fine with a back protector, but I'd be surprised if it wouldn't scrunch up a side one because of the tight fitment. I can tell you this, the case itself won't scratch the stainless band, even after repeatedly removing it and putting it back on.

As far as the Field Case goes in general, I've now ditched using any of my 16 (yes, 16!) other cases, including the Commuter, NGP, and Incipio Delta, for this one. IT'S THAT GOOD! :D

Infinite Jest

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Harrisonburg, Va
I'm using the new Field Case, but I don't have any side protectors on the phone, only a Power Support AG HD screen protector and a generic eBay back protector. It works fine with a back protector, but I'd be surprised if it wouldn't scrunch up a side one because of the tight fitment. I can tell you this, the case itself won't scratch the stainless band, even after repeatedly removing it and putting it back on.

As far as the Field Case goes in general, I've now ditched using any of my 16 (yes, 16!) other cases, including the Commuter, NGP, and Incipio Delta, for this one. IT'S THAT GOOD! :D

I may just have to pick of the field case (currently have the executive, and very happy) after that comment. :rolleyes:

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010

That's almost as many cases as I have. If you are that impressed then I may order 2 OF THEM!!!!! One black and one Foliage.

I found an eBay seller that has them for $13.99 with free expedited (USPS) shipping. He has both the colors I want too. I may just have to pull the trigger.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250923058250?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_514wt_1110

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.