Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BillMidwest

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2011
Updating to 10.0.2

This might be really dumb, but how do I get it to update? I went into the App Store on my computer, signed in, and it says all my apps are up-to-date. That's clearly not the case, as Final Cut Pro X is still version 10.0 for me. Is there a trick here that I'm missing?

Update through the App Store. Open App Store and click the Updates icon; which should show one update available for 10.0.2.

dhrlove

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

So... After FX is crap because it's hard to get things done with it?

Easy to create doesn't mean great to watch.

ArcaneDevice

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2003
outside the crazy house, NC
These same people bitched about the move to PowerPC.
They bitched about the iMac.
They bitched about the iPod.
They bitched about the move to intel.
They said the iPhone was going to be a huge failure.
They said the iPad was just a big iPhone.
They even bitched about OS X, if you can believe it.

How many of those did you use?

I don't remember anyone complaining about PowerPC given that it was producing faster chips than x86. Not to mention it's introduction was so long ago that it wasn't possible to get instant feedback from the majority. Unless you were at Macworld or reading a magazine.

I don't remember any complaints about the iMac either (except for the later ridiculous colors).

The Intel switch was justified since a lot of legacy software required Rosetta which was an unknown variable. The hardware was only criticized by fanboys who hated Intel out of sheep mentality. Reasonable people knew PPC was at a dead end.

OSX was also a shell on launch. It had no driver support and it took forever for software companies to switch. Not to mention it's issues running on older Macs and the fact the beta had some exceptionally stupid UI decisions from Jobs. Hard to believe they even passed design stage.

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
How many of those did you use?

I don't remember any complaints about the iMac either (except for the later ridiculous colors).
I think most of those complaints were the loss of ADB and SCSI. Fact is, iMac was targeted toward new Mac owners and people who had never owned a computer before at all. People who had a good bit of cash invested in SCSI hard drives, scanners, and loved their Extended Keyboards were a bit pissed off, but Apple was more interested in growing their user base with first time buyers than trying to satisfy those who were already Macintosh owners. Funny, iMac of today is really nothing like what it used to be.

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Why would you switch to two really crappy programs that make it a total pain to get things done? Oh, I know... your paychecks come from Adobe.

You know, once you cash that paycheck and spend the money, its gone, but your integrity, and honor, they are ruined forever.

Stabilization's working fine. Plus the 100 other great features that didn't exist in FCP 7 or iMovie.

Hows that FUD job working out? Is the pay good?

One thing I've learned from being an Apple customer for nearly 30 years: Apple keeps its promises.

The FUDsters and the bashers will, every time Apple releases a new product, go screaming at the top of their lungs how Apple is horrible, and how Apple is betraying their users, and how Apple has just released the WORST PRODUCT EVER!

And then a few years, of course, when that product proves to be a huge success, they've moved on to bitching about another Apple product.

These same people bitched about the move to PowerPC.
They bitched about the iMac.
They bitched about the iPod.
They bitched about the move to intel.
They said the iPhone was going to be a huge failure.
They said the iPad was just a big iPhone.
They even bitched about OS X, if you can believe it.

And of course, back when final cut pro was first introduced, you know what they said?

They said "pros will never use this, its a toy!"

Seriously.

Just because you have a dearth of arguments backing up doesn't mean you could starting claiming people was paid by Adobe. In fact, as your post was entirely based on the assumption that others were paid by Adobe, your post was entirely devoid of any value or contribution at all.

... And when Final Cut Pro 1 was introduced, pros loved it.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
I remember the days when it it took a few tries and software variations to get things done. Now everyone expects to be hand-fed.
Now of course at some level Apple has done that with the recent release.
However that got met with bad reviews cause it was too easy and cheap.
Oh we will never be happy :p

Nostromo

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
Deep Space
This sounds like a small update, more a gesture than an update.

In the sense of: we're working on it.

FCP X seems to be a very modern application, and we are all keeping our fingers crossed that large updates (with additional features that some are waiting for) will come soon.

Premiere Pro seems, for now, to be the better software, but FCP X could be the next generation software and find its stride within the year.

Apple has to do something with all that cash it has. Why not get FCP X up to speed? ;)

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
FCPX is my first foray into high-level video editing.

My experience has been almost flawless. The only problems have been due to user error. :confused:
I would to intervene before the nay-sayers get on you ;)
Im glad you joined the party :)

johanf

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2008
Sweden
1440 megabytes

We have to download 1.44 GB to fix a title problem ...

It is like when manufacturers put too little cornflakes in an oversize packet ...

Do they think bandwidth resources are infinite? :rolleyes:

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
We have to download 1.44 GB to fix a title problem ...

It is like when manufacturers put too little cornflakes in an oversize packet ...

Do they think bandwidth resources are infinite? :rolleyes:
Actually in most work places 1.44GB is like 20 minutes.
Apologies if your on 56k baud modem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.