Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twikoff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
My ATV is running 4.3 (2557) and jailbroken
in the general settings, under wireless... it makes it look like its connected to my wireless
despite the fact that i have a cable directly attached

and I see the msg that says, 'connect an ethernet cable to......' blah blah

is that msg always up.. or only when its associated and working wireless?

I know that the atv2 wireless is pretty crappy
and I tested that wired connection with my laptop last night and was getting 45-50mbs.. so I know its good

I just want to make sure Im on the wired connection and not running over wireless..

I guess i could kill the ssid info from the wifi config and see what happens.. but that msg about plugging in an ethernet cable is the part that has me thrown.

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
If you're overly concerned about it, just tell the apple TV to forget the wireless info. That will force the wired connection, if it isn't already being used.

Tha Professor

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2009
The Mothership
I really think I read somewhere, that once your cable is plugged, the wireless gets turned off... Since there is no wireless option in the setting on my setup which is wired I would consider it right.. But if it still happens, you should try to make it forget the network just like milbournosphere said....

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
I really think I read somewhere, that once your cable is plugged, the wireless gets turned off... Since there is no wireless option in the setting on my setup which is wired I would consider it right.. But if it still happens, you should try to make it forget the network just like milbournosphere said....

This is true. I tested this out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.