Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eager Beaver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Chicago, IL
When I send messages to people nowadays, I click the mic icon next to the space bar and dictate my messages. So yesterday I discovered that it had dissapeared, and I cannot figure out how to get it back.
Anyone know what happened, or how to recover it?

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Check keyboard under Settings. Make sure you're running the right one.

Mine, for example, is English Qwerty US

Eager Beaver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Chicago, IL
Check keyboard under Settings. Make sure you're running the right one.

Mine, for example, is English Qwerty US

I've done that, set the same as your's -

Some of these guys on this site are iphone Einstiens, I hope one of them reads this post and figures this out -

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
what is a soft reset?

EDIT: I Googled "soft reset", performed it, and my mic icon is back.
Thanks my friend, (and thanks to the others guys who replied), you guys rock !!!

No problem. For the record:

Soft Reset:

Hold the Lock button and the Home button at the same time. You'll see the "Slide to Power Off" Screen, followed by the screen turning off. Keep holding the Lock button and Home button until you see the Apple Logo. Wait a minute, and you should see your lock screen on display again.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
just like in the blackberry world, when in doubt.....reboot. fixes 99% of common issues on all platforms.

djreikko

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2014
icon for iphone 4s

When I send messages to people nowadays, I click the mic icon next to the space bar and dictate my messages. So yesterday I discovered that it had dissapeared, and I cannot figure out how to get it back.
Anyone know what happened, or how to recover it?
all I did was go to settings
keyboard, qertez highlight English
go back to main screen
hold down the power button on top of the phone
then just turn phone back on then go to your txt page with keyboard and your mic icon should be there

MillaQ

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
Sunny Caribbean
Restart works, but.....

Hi there!

Same problem here with my 4S. It only happens with WhatsApp, though, maybe because I don't use the mic so much in other apps. I discovered the reboot/reset/restart 'solution' before coming here and it works, but... is an iPhone supposed to need to be frequently restarted? Don't think so! Should I take him to the doctor?

On the other hand, the 'soft reset' recipe above didn't work.... maybe because a different OS.

Any bright idea? Thanks a lot in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.