Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AjeeB

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
does handbrake support HARDCODING subs into video ...
I mean no separated file (srt,...etc) actually recode embedded subs?
is so .. which subs format it's support to recode into video stream :confused:
I did search the forum but no accurate answer specifically to make embedded subs for all players around !

I tried ffmpegx! but disaster with unicode (arabic...heb RTL)

Best Regards !

Last edited:

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Just tick the burned in box, then they're burned in, encoded directly into the picture - this means you have no separate file, and you can't remove them. I prefer to use an srt file so I can turn them on and off at will.

AjeeB

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
yes I use that option ... but exported video file can't played with subs ! in PS3...etc
ty for reply

BR

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
Then there must be something wrong with the subs. If it's from a DVD, the VOBSUB files should work fine, whatever you use to play them back, since the picture itself has been altered. I haven't tried burning in an srt, because that would annoy me!

There are various apps available to edit subtitle files, it might be worth using one of these to try to change the colour. White is usually the best, but if for some reason the files your using don't have a colour set, that would explain why you can't see them.

AjeeB

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
well, it's SRT and not burned ! I tried to convert srt <> (sub,sdx) but nothing works !

BR

chris-d

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2010
well, it's SRT and not burned ! I tried to convert srt <> (sub,sdx) but nothing works !

BR

Handbrake will not burn in SRT subs as images into a video. It doesn't have the engine to convert the text based SRT subs to images in order to burn them in. Your only option is to include the SRT as a soft sub that you turn on in the player. I don't have a PS3, so I'm not sure if it has the ability to do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.