Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
I've been using this for some time and it works just fine. I have just one question however, how the heck do you pronounce "colloguy"? Is it "Call-a-guy"?

I've always pronounced it coll-oh-qwee. Kind of like the word "colloquium". But then again, I could be terribly mistaken.

iRCL

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Colloquy is the best free, BUT, it's not exactly Liony as in the chat screen messes up if you 'flick' hard to scroll. And it has major bugs on initial configuration - when setting up my channels I always have to quit/restart it to have the changes take effect properly. And no this isn't isolated, I switch computers frequently and it is always like that ever since 10.4 when I started using it all the way up to 10.7.

It really needs a serious update but it kind of seems dead

I have always used it though despite its quirks

DouchGod

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Any extra security precautions one should take when connected to a IRC network on a mac other than changing the auto download setting?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Adium. Enough said. I hate using multiple apps, and Adium allows all my services to be in one tabbed window.

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
Adium. Enough said. I hate using multiple apps, and Adium allows all my services to be in one tabbed window.

That's true, I forgot about Adium. I love its IM capability, but my file transfers almost never work with my friends, and I've got my ports forwarded...

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
wow. It has been forever since i have been on IRC. Glad I came across the thread. It will be interesting to see what is going on in the IRC world.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
Is that Getcloudapp.com ? I haven't heard of it before. I assume Windows users could receive files just as well as Mac users, right?

Thanks!

Yes. The file gets uploaded to the site, then the link gets copied to your clipboard to send to people (which links back to the cloud site). There are some third party Cloud clients for Windows, should you want to upload from a windows machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.