Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supa112186

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2011
Abq
I'm really interested in buying the AYL/Yoobao iPad 2 case... http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Genui...I9L4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1306593611&sr=8-4

I'm also quite intrigued by the CHINAO iPad 2 case as well:
http://youtu.be/7LbT0oehJ9Y

Does anyone have any thoughts on which one is better, in terms of overall protection, fit, size/form factor, etc? I can't decide between the two. Thanks!

So in my experience, which isn't to much, is I just bought the Chinao Wheat Case and got it Monday. I really really love the case it's a really super tight so Im not worried about my iPad falling out. The leather is awesome and the inside is really soft. The only issue I have so far is that the cover is not magnetic so it doesn't stay closed which does scare me for whatever reason my iPad falls face first the screen won't be protected since cover won't stay closed. Hard to say as of now. Other than that I don't want to send back cause its a really really nice case. Lemme know if you have any questions about it.

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

For myself, if the flip isn't magnetic, I wouldn't get it. I like the sleep/awake feature when you open and close, and yes, holding the cover closed in a fall is a plus!

Lindenhurst

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
So in my experience, which isn't to much, is I just bought the Chinao Wheat Case and got it Monday. I really really love the case it's a really super tight so Im not worried about my iPad falling out. The leather is awesome and the inside is really soft. The only issue I have so far is that the cover is not magnetic so it doesn't stay closed which does scare me for whatever reason my iPad falls face first the screen won't be protected since cover won't stay closed. Hard to say as of now. Other than that I don't want to send back cause its a really really nice case. Lemme know if you have any questions about it.

Had the Chinao Wheat case a few months ago and ended up returning it due to poor quality issues. I had the Yoobao Magic case last year with my original iPad, and the quality of that case was better than the Chinao.
If you want real leather that looks and feels nice without a funky chemical smell to it then you have to purchase a case for more $$$ to get something nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.