Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kaenon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Yesterday was streaming Hulu from iPhone 4S to Apple TV2 just fine. Today I went to do the same, scrolling to the right but all that is there is the volume bar and no AirPlay icon.

Anyone know what to do? I checked Apple's help page, on the safe WiFi network, AirPlay enabled, I restarted my phone, and still nothing!

Anyone have any other ideas?

Software up to date as well.

Like I said, I just used it last night.

----------

I just reset network settings and still nothing...

anyone with a 4S also having this issue?

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I have been having a lot of issues with AirPlay in general on both my iPad and 4s. Sometimes it works, other times it is missing, and other times it works for a few minutes before the connection disappears.

I am stumped.

Chucktownwhat

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2011
I had a similar problem trying to mirror games, like you i double clicked and slid to the volume screen, showed the Airplay emblem but mirroring was not a choice. So I set up a password for Airplay on the AppleTV2, nothing. Reset my phone and there it was. Are you only having trouble with HULU or other apps as well?

Kaenon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
I had a similar problem trying to mirror games, like you i double clicked and slid to the volume screen, showed the Airplay emblem but mirroring was not a choice. So I set up a password for Airplay on the AppleTV2, nothing. Reset my phone and there it was. Are you only having trouble with HULU or other apps as well?

It was everything.

I had to entirely reset my phone for it to reappear. :mad:

BUFFBOY

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Sydney
hey guys,
there is not option for me to play videos or anything thru airplay on my iphone 4s.

somethine is wrong. network is working but i cant send the videos to the appletv device.... wtf ??

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
hey guys,
there is not option for me to play videos or anything thru airplay on my iphone 4s.

somethine is wrong. network is working but i cant send the videos to the appletv device.... wtf ??

Do you have it turned on? Double click the home button and swipe left, twice, to get to the spot to enable it in your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.