Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Two and a half weeks after the initial developer seed of OS X 10.7.3, Apple has pushed out a new 11D24 build of the next maintenance update for OS X Lion to developers.

11d24.jpg

For the new build, Apple has added Spotlight and Safari to the list of areas upon which developers are asked to focus their attention. Developers are asked to continue looking at iCloud Document Storage, Address Book, iCal, and Mail as had been documented in the earlier seed. No known issues with the current build have been documented by Apple.

A targeted public release timeframe for OS X 10.7.3 is currently unknown. The release will come as a follow-up to OS X 10.7.2, which appeared in mid-October to support iCloud.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X 10.7.3 Build 11D24 to Developers

qwertme

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2004
I hope they make OS X not suck

Lion is the worse Mac OS I have seen since... well since I switched to Mac in 2002.

I actually had to reboot the other day because some system process was taking up 100% CPU.

I bought Sparrow because Mail crashes constantly.

Launchpad makes no sense, and they completely broke Expose

Jerome Morrow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Lion is the worse Mac OS I have seen since... well since I switched to Mac in 2002.

I actually had to reboot the other day because some system process was taking up 100% CPU.

Well that definitely qualifies as 'worst ever'.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I really really hope this fixes my extremely slow Mail and unusable iCloud and Mail, Contacts & Calendars prefs panes.

Over on Apple Discussions someone said that by reinstalling OS X and creating a totally new user account and migrating over to that account would solve the problem. But that's such a pain. So hopefully this fixes it. I tried just reinstalling OS X and it didn't help at all.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
For the new build, Apple has added Spotlight and Safari to the list of areas upon which developers are asked to focus their attention.

Good to hear, because Safari still sucks even after the latest patch and Spotlight will randomly index itself sometimes for no particular reason.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth

Ever got a sneaking suspicion that the issue affecting you isn't Lion but something else in your setup? These boards don't seem to have a lot of others with the same issue. Just saying.

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota

After using Lion everyday since the beta, I know cannot live without it.

I haven't had any problems with it, obviously others have, but the bugs are being fixed,

But it has been perfect for me, and I cannot live without Mission Control, Full Screen Apps, LaunchPad, and many other features, that I was skeptical of at launch

coder12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010

As a developer, I've been using Lion since the first DP and I love it.

I've had less system hangs with it in comparison to both Leopard and Snow leopard. I've been using the new mail, and it is by far better than the previous versions; especially with screen utilization.
Launchpad makes perfect sense; as a heavy Alfred/Quicksilver user I have become accustomed to one/two button presses to get to where I need to go. With Launchpad, I squeeze my trackpad together with five fingers and it shows up--just like on the iPad.
Mission control has its flaws, but it's still really great.

Lion is the best OS X yet.

Jerome Morrow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2011
United Kingdom
After using Lion everyday since the beta, I know cannot live without it.

I haven't had any problems with it, obviously others have, but the bugs are being fixed,

But it has been perfect for me, and I cannot live without Mission Control, Full Screen Apps, LaunchPad, and many other features, that I was skeptical of at launch

I have to agree. I was also quite skeptical, but after few days of 'getting used to' i really have no idea how i could go back to Snow Leopard.

Every little detail in Lion just stick and after some time i just can't work without it anymore.

----------

Back to the topic ... I've been using first 10.7.3 beta since the day it was made available and i'm really having no issues.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
As a developer, I've been using Lion since the first DP and I love it.

I've had less system hangs with it in comparison to both Leopard and Snow leopard. I've been using the new mail, and it is by far better than the previous versions; especially with screen utilization.
Launchpad makes perfect sense; as a heavy Alfred/Quicksilver user I have become accustomed to one/two button presses to get to where I need to go. With Launchpad, I squeeze my trackpad together with five fingers and it shows up--just like on the iPad.
Mission control has its flaws, but it's still really great.

Lion is the best OS X yet.

I haven't experienced any significant problems that are Lion related - I like it.

BTW, coder12, I only use four fingers. Which means either I have extremely fat fingers that tricks the trackpad - or you're wasting a finger!!:eek: :D

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006

e0dc049d-6f73-4952-86c2-3ad741e8fc68.jpg

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
I got rid of Lion my three month old Macbook Pro and even deleted the recovery partition. Lion was awful. Animations, transitions between tabs, ram usage, heat and battery life were awful.

If it doesnt at least fix mission control by bringing back Expose (ungrouped windows) and improve the bloat/lag, I'm sticking to Snow Leopard.

coder12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
I haven't experienced any significant problems that are Lion related - I like it.

BTW, coder12, I only use four fingers. Which means either I have extremely fat fingers that tricks the trackpad - or you're wasting a finger!!:eek: :D

;) It does work with only four, I just prefer 5. It's like I'm gently picking something up off the ground with my hand rather than... I guess I'm not sure what I'd pick up with only 4 fingers!

axual

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
An update sorely needed ...

I agree with most everyone. I experience way too many beach ball cursors ... and have tried numerous things including reinstalling Lion.

Safari still has problems for sure, perhaps Flash related, perhaps not.

It seems much of the issue may be with apps too, saving versions of stuff and system state, etc. I use primarily Apple apps (other than Firefox or Chrome because Safari freezes too often). Mail app is sometimes slow to respond, and has crashed many time.

I cannot recommend Lion to others at this point, and I do like it, but there is something going on. I've never experienced as many forced shutdowns to resolve a locked 2010 MacBook Pro.

Apple needs to resolve this. Is it a hardware version issue? Is it OS X? Is it an app?

Last edited:

richard2

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2010
England, United Kingdom
People who perform clean installations of Lion seem to experience far fewer problems than those who upgrade from Snow Leopard. I spend an excessive amount of time keeping my Mac OS X installation in order, yet I still encountered many serious problems after upgrading to Lion from Snow Leopard. I'll probably perform a clean installation in the near future.

wordsmith27

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
I had SL for 5 days before updating to Lion... @ first SL was better I could do multiple things no hang up... but in Lion I got hang ups and bad flashbacks to my windows days ( I came to Mac as an Ubuntu User) then I added 8 gigs of ram and Lion is smooth now. This quite possibly is the best computer experience I've ever had and that's saying something for me. There are still little things that annoy me and I wonder why apple didn't included them but I found work around solutions. I have a 2010 Mac Mini but I think I'll look into a MPB sometime next year.

Hopefully this build fixes some annoyances like when I'm not running anything RAM consuming my mouse suddenly gets really slow and jumpy, forcing me to reboot my system.

dimi94941

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

I don't know about ya'll but I absolutely love Lion. Autosave? This feature aline is worth $29, and the fact that other apps or gettig this feature too... iCloud works awesome, Safari is so great now that I can zoom like on iDevices, and Reader is the best... I really don't know what the he** are you conplaining about...

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Lion will be an acceptable OS around May or September. As is usual with new Mac OSs. If you have productivity on your Mac, don't upgrade to the new one for 3/4 of a year, minimum.

Macopotamus

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010

You should probably revert back to Mac OS X 10.0 just to be certain of that claim

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009

Do you know how to use a Mac? It seems that you don't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.