Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Can we do rid of these stupid analyst threads please? Oh and the court case threads. Neither are interesting.

Kid A

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
the comments in this thread are so funny!

Analysts are one letter away from becoming anal cysts, says this Apple analyst! Expect more analysts to add a "c" to their title in the coming months.

please publish now, internets!

credit to: Turd McTurdington, tektroniCtrends co. inc. llc.

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2002
New England
I already have tv

I was in the market for a new hdtv and a new mac at the same time. i was going to get the iMac and an HDTV, but i then decided i didn't want 2 big screens side by side.

I ended up buying an mac mini and a 32 samsung hdtv. The hdtv looks great as a monitor and when i want to watch tv i just change the input selection. Its a great setup. Plus no iMac comes in a 32 inch version.

I'm already thinking of upgrading the tv and getting a 40 inch. That would be awesome to use a mac with a 40 inch screen. Playing WOW on a 32 inch is already awesome

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
mactv.jpg

Because it worked so well last time …

danahn17

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
While this seems more feasible than the current rumors regarding the Apple TV sets, I doubt this too. Since everybody made a big deal about Steve Jobs having "cracked" the TV issue, I doubt it took all that time to figure out how to throw in a TV tuner into a computer :)

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
OSX will receive an upgrade to another cat themed OS, also known as 10.8, before the decade ends. - Frank Furter, Analyst for Outmie Asp Redictions

powers74

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
My Mac & the family iPad2 are the only TVs we have, so, makes sense to me. I actually thought this might happen when I first heard the "I finally cracked it" quote. I don't think I posted it anywhere so I don't have any proof, but oh well. So you can go ahead and neg me.

TrollToddington

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
And another one:

Intel will continue improving their processors in 2012 says Dan Streetmanshoener, analyst for 'Futureproof Computer' magazine.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
are they still giving a remote with iMacs or is that a separate $20 purchase?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Windows Media Center works, though that might be one setup wizard too many for some people. Otherwise you still have EyeTV.

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
Just to get it out of the way.

Blu Ray????

*crickets*

Negative so no?

As long as there is an HDMI input. But I wouldn't replace my 55" TV with a 27 inch iMac, though...

Most times I watch streamed movies (iTunes or NetFlix) via Apple TV. But at 720p with usually lots artifacts (due to compression much more than 720p).

I don't care for TV shows or "normal" movies, but for select movies, I prefer Bluray, where I CANNOT see any artifacts:
LOTR:EE, any Pixar or other visually stunning movies.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Damn MacRumors posting something this lame deserves a swift kick.

They put dumb things analysts say on the first page all the time, unfortunately. They should make a third page called "Dumb Analysts," and put this stuff there.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
Can we do rid of these stupid analyst threads please? Oh and the court case threads. Neither are interesting.

Oh look, a story I'm not interested in! I'll just skip ov...

NO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING FINGER?

DON'T... CLICK...

ARGGGHHHHHHH

WHY...

Ok finger. You got what you want. I'm going to say something negative in the thread to spite you though.

Wilbah

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
while this is not for every application....

We currently have 24" iMac in the kitchen, mounted to a wall- with an EyeTV device attached. I will say that it is very useful to have a combo TV/Computer for a spot like this... takes up limited space, and serves both needs quite well.

Its not the best place to unwind and watch a film, and we dont really watch that much TV on it- but when we do want TV in the kitchen, it comes in very handy.

I could see where using the iMac as an HDMI monitor would be of use too...

I wonder if you'll still be able to use a "box" to receive premium channels from a provider, or if this "tuner" concept is strictly provided by Apple via iCloud and they will provide the content.... (well- it is Apple.. I think I already know the answer to that one)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.