Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 8, 2011, 03:09 PM   #26
cvaldes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonewheel View Post
Just curious, what compelled you to remove the capitalization from my original post when you quoted me?
cvaldes is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 03:10 PM   #27
Kaibelf
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAT View Post
Pumped Up Kicks?? Ugh...that's just great. "Best song" is one about revenge and shooting people. Lovely society.

I bought 3 CDs this year, 2 of them by Adele.
So you're complaining about a song directed at bullies, but then laud ones about a woman who feels she can't get by without some guy? Okay then.
Kaibelf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 03:23 PM   #28
TitoC
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gates View Post

What's with the PEDO BEAR on the left photo ???

LOL

Ha! I noticed that as well.
TitoC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 03:41 PM   #29
kirk26
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Seriously? You've never heard of Adele, at least 'Rolling In The Deep'? Especially when Apple used her song for the "Watch The iPhone 4S video." It's a great song, but I digressed.

Instagram really deserves Best App (which it did receive). I'm seriously addicted to it and picture taking with the 4S are incredible to say the least.

As far as gaming apps goes, I'm addicted (currently) to Temple Run. I need suggestions for more games though! Good quality games.
The only reason I heard of Adele was because she was singing one night on Dancing with the Stars.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 03:43 PM   #30
JAT
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibelf View Post
So you're complaining about a song directed at bullies, but then laud ones about a woman who feels she can't get by without some guy? Okay then.
Interesting. You take Adele's songs so seriously that you think they are more than just songs about heartbreak, yet you think violence is ok if against bullies? Okay, then.

BTW, one of her biggest songs is also about revenge. Although not violence.
JAT is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 04:05 PM   #31
Bensalama21
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonewheel View Post
I can see a list of "best apps"... but Music? Seriously? Never heard of any of those on the list except for Foo Fighters (and that's only because I am familiar with the band name.)
If you just turned on your radio for 2 seconds, I guarantee it would be playing either Pumped Up Kicks or Adele.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 04:25 PM   #32
powers74
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to powers74
I don't understand how a camera app could take app of the year. There are some awesome apps out there like 2do, BizXpenseTracker, Evernote & DropBox that are absolute necessities. I mean, a camera app?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 04:41 PM   #33
cvaldes
Banned

People like taking pictures. Sharing photos is one of the top activities in the social networking sites (e.g., Facebook).

It's worth pointing out that these are editorial selections. There is no reason to be surprised that the App Store editors selected Instagram this year, since they picked Hipstamatic last year.

The productivity apps like those you mentioned can be very helpful, but they aren't what's truly popular (or fun), at least in the eyes of the App Store editors. If you want to change the selection process, get a job at Apple.
cvaldes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 04:42 PM   #34
Kissaragi
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensalama21 View Post
If you just turned on your radio for 2 seconds, I guarantee it would be playing either Pumped Up Kicks or Adele.
Thats why I don't listen to the radio!
Kissaragi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 05:09 PM   #35
motulist
macrumors 68040

Tiny Tower? Bleah. What were they thinking? Tiny Tower is almost identical to all those other task games, except it has crappier graphics.
motulist is online now   -5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 05:24 PM   #36
disinfectant
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to disinfectant
Quote:
Originally Posted by powers74 View Post
I don't understand how a camera app could take app of the year. There are some awesome apps out there like 2do, BizXpenseTracker, Evernote & DropBox that are absolute necessities. I mean, a camera app?
A) Some of those apps you listed were not released this year.
B) Not everyone is in need of some of those apps, but almost everyone is taking pictures with their phone. As it's the most used camera these days.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 05:32 PM   #37
Chumburro2U
macrumors 6502

Hipstamatic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by powers74 View Post
Hipstamatic was last years App of the Year and that also is a camera app. I consider Hipstamatic a necessity because my phone and my camera are always with me wherever I go.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 06:09 PM   #38
ptsube
macrumors 6502

Pumped up kicks is an annoying little song.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 06:09 PM   #39
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Foster the People and their Pumped Up one hit wonder can go suck goats in hell.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 06:45 PM   #40
davepilgrimus
macrumors newbie

I love instagram. It is really one of the best iphone photo apps out there.
davepilgrimus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 06:57 PM   #41
Krizoitz
macrumors 6502a

Tiny Tower?! Seriously?!

I just don't get it, the game entertained me for all of two days until I realized how flat and uninteresting it was. Eventually it just became waiting til i needed to restock, paying to restock, waiting til i had money and adding a new floor. Unlike other sim games there wasn't any depth to the resource management or building and you couldn't really do much beyond that same basic cycle. With randomly dropped store types you can even strategize well. It is an intriguing demo concept that could be developed into a fun Sim Tower-esque game but is FAR too limited to be the best game of the year. Tiny Wings would be better, its simple but FUN for example. There are other great games too, this one? Cute but limited.
Krizoitz is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 07:05 PM   #42
GimmeSlack12
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian Zhu Xuande View Post
Keep away from Tiny Tower. Cute, but a soul sucker.
Man is it ever.
But you won't know that until you play it and realize it for yourself after a month or so. So pointless...
Old Dec 8, 2011, 07:28 PM   #43
Ejilol
macrumors newbie

I have such a hatred for Adele...

She just sounds likes she's whining
every
single
song!
Ejilol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 09:13 PM   #44
Zepaw
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Zepaw
Heard Pumped up Kicks a few times and did not like it at all but just my personal preference. Part of what annoys me about the song is Pandora seems convinced I will like it every time I turn it on.

I agree with a previous comment, a camera app is a kinda dull choice. Nothing at all against the app but there are so many more innovative options.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 03:13 AM   #45
mixel
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to mixel Send a message via MSN to mixel Send a message via Yahoo to mixel
People keep saying Tiny Tower has bad graphics. Tiny Tower has brilliant graphics. Some really lovely pixel art there.

I got bored of it pretty fast too, but my wife has 120 floors, haha. Its best if you're competing with someone through gamecenter.
mixel is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2011, 09:30 AM   #46
Kissaragi
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejilol View Post
I have such a hatred for Adele...

She just sounds likes she's whining
every
single
song!
She is whining on every single song!
Kissaragi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2011, 08:37 PM   #47
PantalonesSucia
macrumors newbie

Pumped Up Kicks came out last year.

Just because it's not in iTunes doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
PantalonesSucia is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:08 AM   #48
thelonelylimo
macrumors 6502

I downloaded Tiny Tower in April or May. Currently at 131 floors. I became aware it was pointless a few hours after having it, but it's the best time killer ever.

My tower.
http://towers.nimblebit.com/197090415
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:09 PM   #49
2 Replies
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian Zhu Xuande View Post
Keep away from Tiny Tower. Cute, but a soul sucker.
Also a total rip-off of SimTower, which I'm fine with since EA is a douche-bag of a gaming company.
2 Replies is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:56 PM   #50
Xian Zhu Xuande
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Replies View Post
Also a total rip-off of SimTower, which I'm fine with since EA is a douche-bag of a gaming company.
I wouldn't call it a total rip-off but I would be amazed if TinyTower would exist without SimTower coming before it. A 'total rip-off' is more along the lines of what Zynga did with, what was it called, Dream Heights? In any case, it is clear that inspiration here pre-dates TinyTower.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion