Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Might as well get this party started, as a cancelled season was averted and Santa is bringing us basketball this year. :D

I needed a place to stab myself, as word is the Lakers are going to acquire Chris Paul for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom.

As a Celtics fan, this annoys me greatly. Two soft old farts for the best PG in the league. First they get Pau Gasol in his prime for nothing, and now this. What's next, Blake Griffin for Luke Walton and Steve Blake? As a current resident of Los Angeles, I'm going to need to start drinking now. :(

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Looks like the the Chris Paul deal is close to being done.

Chris Paul to Lakers

Just one more reason to hate the Lakers. Something Queen and I can agree on.

"Sources" are also saying that Tyson Chandler is nearing a deal with the Knicks. We'll see what happens on that one, because there was word they were going to try and trade Amare for Paul.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Chris Paul is a laker now!!!

LOVE IT! GO LAKERS!

----------

Might as well get this party started, as a cancelled season was averted and Santa is bringing us basketball this year. :D

I needed a place to stab myself, as word is the Lakers are going to acquire Chris Paul for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom.

As a Celtics fan, this annoys me greatly. Two soft old farts for the best PG in the league. First they get Pau Gasol in his prime for nothing, and now this. What's next, Blake Griffin for Luke Walton and Steve Blake? As a current resident of Los Angeles, I'm going to need to start drinking now. :(

God I wish we could get rid of Walton!

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
There are times I really, really hate living in LA (after the 2010 finals, for example) - and this is one of them. I wish we could trade a bag of crap and get an All-Star.

I also fail to see how the new CBA improved competitive balance a single iota. Couldn't imagine being a team of a small market team. But I will admit that right now, I am really, really, really bitter. :mad:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
It really seems like a lopsided trade....especially for the Rockets. I wonder if any draft picks are involved.

It looks like the Rockets traded their top 2 scoring threats for a guy who's already peaked. I'm in Houston and my office is abuzz right now.

But the general consensus seems to be ******* the Lakers. :D

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
It really seems like a lopsided trade....especially for the Rockets. I wonder if any draft picks are involved.

It looks like the Rockets traded their top 2 scoring threats for a guy who's already peaked. I'm in Houston and my office is abuzz right now.

so many haters! you should know the feeling loving the yankees...

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne

The Rockets are morons, and let's not forget the Hornets are controlled by the NBA. Of course they'd trade the Lakers a top player for two players on the downswing. And yes, **** the Lakers, officially.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
I'm not very happy today. I'm a lifelong Mavs fan.

Chris Paul to Lakers (my 2nd favorite team), Caron Butler close to signing with Clippers, Tyson Chandler close to signing with the Knicks. With CP3 and Chandler not going to the same place, it pretty much destroys any chance we have in the Dwight Howard bidding.

donga

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2005
AZ
my take:

dell demps needed to get the best possible talent for CP3 since he was definitely NOT staying in NOLA. NYK wanted chandler bad, and had too much tied up in other contracts to do a legit deal for CP3. the hornets are getting great talent.

the lakers needed to do SOMETHING. they had great bigs, but other than kobe their guards struggled. CP3 will be an amazing addition, but they gave up their talent (athletic bigs). i think they'll make a play for howard.

houston-they gave up some talent, but also get a proven big in gasol. good trade for them too.

I don't think any of these teams, their respective owners or management are "morons". Everyone's got different wants/needs and this worked out enough to their satisfaction to make a deal.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Per Woj at Yahoo Sports, the NBA owners are irate the league-owners Horrnets were permitted to make this trade. Apparently they're trying to block it as we speak. Awesome. Hope they succeed, it's a ******** "trade."

----------

And the trade is off (forgive the no links, I'm on my iPhone) because it "wasn't in the best interest of the league." Duh.

Freaking awesome.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
Wow, can't believe Stern shot down the CP3 deal. I can't say I blame him, though. Looks like Chandler and Butler are both basically gone. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.