Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaunp

Cancelled
Nov 5, 2010
Why? It's only a shop

Apple stores are okay for looking at stuff, but from the store's I've used in the UK it is actually very hard to buy anything. I would go as far as to say the store on Regent's Street in London is hellish - full of hoodies using it as their own internet cafe, who get very upset if they think you are looking at what is on 'their screen'. I actually gave up on trying to buy direct from Apple in central London as it's not possible unless you want to queue for ages before you get to actually look at anything, let alone buy it.

From now on I either buy online or go to a smaller Apple retailer out of town as the service is much better.

As for the Grand Central Station opening, I would rather cut my eyes out.

Gillespie81

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2011
Minnesota
if apple stores are like this everywhere when they open someone should dress like Waldo just so i have something else to look at in a pic other than a crowd of people

Sora

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
New York, NY
From now on I either buy online or go to a smaller Apple retailer out of town as the service is much better.

As for the Grand Central Station opening, I would rather cut my eyes out.

This I gotta see.
*hands over scalpel and lidocaine with epinephrine*

lfc

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2010
Australia
Haven't you been watching TV? It's where some *******s break into your house, remove everything in your living room, then remodel to make it look like an Apple store, but sells cheap PC laptops instead. AND THEY WON'T LEAVE TILL YOU BUY ONE.

LMAO! Signatured.
Edit: Damn, it's too long

MajorC

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
Ft.Lauderdale
I sometimes wish my life were so void of purpose that I had the time to loiter outside a store for hours with no purpose but to waste time. Meh, oh well, back to work.:(

corncakes

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2011
Manhattan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I happened to be walking through Grand Central at 10:30. Yes, the crowd was massive but curiosity got the best of me so I waited in line 20 minutes. The store is sparse but lovely. And I got a free tee shirt to boot. But I'll probably post it on eBay as I'm sure there are others collecting such items. All you complainers, I say sour grapes.

MacUser5

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Any free concert tickets??

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Central is almost this congested every day around rush hour, nothing new or crazy for the terminal. Except that people are moving in all different directions and not standing still so it's not as noticeable.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
I love Apple products, I like going to their stores to buy Apple stuff, but it's a shop! I don't understand how people can get so excited over a shop, I would understand if it was their first shop!

carmenodie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I live on Miami Beach just one block from the Apple store on a place called Lincoln Road and it is a beeatch trying to get help. But business is good and folks got a job. I want the 21.5 inch iMac, now!!

jinnj

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2011
i don't get the big deal, its not like its the first store in NYC theres other stores

Tons of celebrities attend these openings. Most of the cast from Saturday Night Live was there for the cube Apple store at 57th street.

carmenodie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

What we just saw was the economy at work.

SirHaakon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2007
I don't get it, but then again I'm a tad older than that crowd.

What's in that particular store that you can't see, experience or buy at any other Apple Store? It must simply be about the "being there" experience.
Oh come on, you had the Beatles or whatever right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.