Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On Nom, the candy-munching critter from ZeptoLab's best-selling Cut The Rope games, has become something of a cultural icon. Now, he's made the transition from video games to the real world in this animated video. Jumping out of the iPad to look for more candy, Om Nom runs into a feisty housecat who thinks he would be a tasty snack:

With the holiday season coming up, free Cut The Rope's Holiday Gift edition received a new update recently that added a photo greeting card maker to its candy-eating repertoire.

mzl.zjrhvbza.480x480-75.jpg

Cut the Rope: Holiday Gift is a universal app for iPhone and iPad, available free on the App Store [Direct Link].

Article Link: Cut The Rope's Om Nom Explores The Real World, Greeting Cards

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I enjoy the game and always thought the Om Nom character was something that should be expanded a bit. (But it looks like he's already in the form of a cute plush already, so that's sweet!) The greeting card idea looks very fun. :D

daxomni

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Sweet! Best advertisement I've seen on MacRumors. In the last couple hours anyway.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
I personally think Om Nom is a better character than the Angry Birds. too bad he doesn't have his own plush toys.

johnmacward

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
To me, Cut The Rope stands out as one of the best games on the App Store. It beats Angry Birds hands down. It's beautifully designed, not a dud pixel in site, it uses realistic physics and is a joy to plough through. It's also not ridiculously difficult early on which kept me with it.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
That video is adorable. I agree with others here, Cut the Rope is more fun than Angry Birds.

The greeting card thing is a cool idea.

DESNOS

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2011
Which two-dimensional "reality" did you compare it to when you came up with this?

Two dimensional physics in theory would be equivalent to our three dimensional physics, but with movement limited to the x and y axes. I thought that was pretty obvious anyway. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.