Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
Ok so i was able to move my iTunes library to an external drive attached to my airport extreme, and have all the content play in iTunes. When i went down to use my apple tv 2 tonight, it says there are no movies, and no music in my library. I was able to go into iTunes and click the airplay icon and it played on the ATV 2 but it won't work the other way around. So I'm sure people have done the same thing i have done so how can i fix this?

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
My Apple TV acts the same regardless of whether the media is on an internal drive or on an external one. I don't even know how the Apple TV would know the difference, since it gets everything from iTunes anyway.

I'd reboot everything in sight and try again. :)

A.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
My Apple TV acts the same regardless of whether the media is on an internal drive or on an external one. I don't even know how the Apple TV would know the difference, since it gets everything from iTunes anyway.

I'd reboot everything in sight and try again. :)

A.

ok i don't know if what i did worked or its was just a coincidence, i just created an alias of my library and then put it in iTunes. I think it was just because i was playing with it to get it to work but nothing i did specifically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.