Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dekard

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I was playing the beta up until this weekend on my MBpro 15 inch, and it has a 6750m Ati card, I was no longer able to see enemy target models. :( up until this past weekend it's been a blast playing the beta.

Not sure if I'll purchase now that I don't know if I'll be able to see enemy targets.

mgipe

macrumors demi-god
Oct 6, 2009
CA
I was playing the beta up until this weekend on my MBpro 15 inch, and it has a 6750m Ati card, I was no longer able to see enemy target models. :( up until this past weekend it's been a blast playing the beta.

Not sure if I'll purchase now that I don't know if I'll be able to see enemy targets.

Consider it the next level of difficulty. ;)

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010

Uninstall the ati drivers , re-install the stock bootcamp drivers , this has been covered in the beta forums ad-nausium for iMacs and MacBooks

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Original bootcamp drivers cannot run Bf3, so I'll stick with the latest drivers.

...and not play SWTOR?

For my knowledge, could you clarify your symptoms? You can see everything in the game except enemy targets as in hostile targets before they are designated, after they are designated, or are invisible all of the time?

Dekard

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2011
Dallas, Texas
invisible all the time, I can attack them and I can see their names above the models, just can't see the models. Game worked awesome up until the latest update from Friday's beta..

heyloo

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2006
NY
If only Bootcamp was able to be installed on an external HDD... 256GB SSD really doesn't give me much option in the Bootcamp department heh. Guess I'm stuck with Parallels or Wine :eek:

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
invisible all the time, I can attack them and I can see their names above the models, just can't see the models. Game worked awesome up until the latest update from Friday's beta..

What drivers are you using? I have the 11.11 drivers and did not have this issue with the game at all or at any point in beta in the last month.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Just to add my obgliatory question to this thread - I have two Macs:

iMac (20", mid-2007)
- 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Macbook Air (11", mid-2011)
- 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
- 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Which of these two (if either) can play SWTOR the best? I've played WoW on the iMac with mid-graphics settings without much trouble (gets about 60 fps). I'm tempted to get rid of the iMac and use the MBA with a Thunderbolt Display at some point.

Also, I've never installed Windows under Bootcamp before - I believe Window 7 64 bit will give the best performance, rather than the 32 bit version?

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Just to add my obgliatory question to this thread - I have two Macs:

iMac (20", mid-2007)
- 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Macbook Air (11", mid-2011)
- 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
- 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Which of these two (if either) can play SWTOR the best? I've played WoW on the iMac with mid-graphics settings without much trouble (gets about 60 fps). I'm tempted to get rid of the iMac and use the MBA with a Thunderbolt Display at some point.

Also, I've never installed Windows under Bootcamp before - I believe Window 7 64 bit will give the best performance, rather than the 32 bit version?

Yes to 64bit windows it will see and use all 4GB of your ram.

The air will get better performance, I assume the air will also be playing it at a lower res than the iMac due to the smaller screen size which will help make it look better than it would trying to display at 1920x1080 or similar high res.

EDIT: You will be playing on low settings though, although the game does not look bad on low at all.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Yes to 64bit windows it will see and use all 4GB of your ram.

The air will get better performance, I assume the air will also be playing it at a lower res than the iMac due to the smaller screen size which will help make it look better than it would trying to display at 1920x1080 or similar high res.

Thanks for the advice. Also, I did a quick Google and it seems my iMac can't run the 64-bit version of Windows 7 anyway.

I have played WoW on the air, and the screen is a little small to see details. I guess once I get a Thunderbolt Display it'll be okay, without a performance hit (I hope).

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Thanks for the advice. Also, I did a quick Google and it seems my iMac can't run the 64-bit version of Windows 7 anyway.

I have played WoW on the air, and the screen is a little small to see details. I guess once I get a Thunderbolt Display it'll be okay, without a performance hit (I hope).

I didnt take into consideration you playing on external display! However it should still play the game on low settings with the intel 3000.

Here is a guy that played the beta using the intel 3000, he had poor performance on high settings but perfectly playable on low.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
I didnt take into consideration you playing on external display! However it should still play the game on low settings with the intel 3000.

Here is a guy that played the beta using the intel 3000, he had poor performance on high settings but perfectly playable on low.

Well, I'll be getting a Thunderbolt Display eventually. I don't have one yet! But I did buy this MBA with the intention of getting rid of the old iMac.

SWTOR seems worth a try anyway.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Oh man I meant to send you a link to someone playing the game on 3000 HD on high settings and I didnt paste it in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkySe_T5u90

It seems when he move the camera the FPS is like 5.
The beta had some slowdowns on my GTX285 (not lag, but FPS dips to like 25) at high settings. Mostly keeping the fps at 60, but intel HD should definitely keep to low settings, unless 15 fps is ok for you.

I'm pretty sure it will be playable tho.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
It seems when he move the camera the FPS is like 5.
The beta had some slowdowns on my GTX285 (not lag, but FPS dips to like 25) at high settings. Mostly keeping the fps at 60, but intel HD should definitely keep to low settings, unless 15 fps is ok for you.

I'm pretty sure it will be playable tho.

Yeah he was playing on high settings which is why all the slowdown, once you turn bloom and shadows off it helps massively with FPS as does Vsync, the game still looks decent on LOW and should be perfectly playable on a 3000HD. Not going to be pushing 60fps or anything but for the average joe it will be perfectly playable.

Kremin

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
Another for the Will It Run? file -

I have a 2010, 17" MBP, 2.53 GHz i5, 8 gigs of RAM, with the Nvidia GeForce GT 330M. I'd like to use Parallels if I can, but would my specs be sufficient? I don't need to max it out but it would be nice to play with the sliders up to medium...

David085

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
And I want a newer Star Wars Games with a good graphics engine and it better be good too

Aundril07

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
Will I be able to run SWTOR on my 2010 13'' Macbook pro? It was the barebones macbook pro at the time

If so will it be smooth on mediumish settings?

I have a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo procesor

4 GB 1076 MHz DDR3 of memory

My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 320M with 256mb of virtual ram

and my resolution is 1280 x 800

Thanks!!!

DoghouseMike

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2011
UK
Will I be able to run SWTOR on my 2010 13'' Macbook pro? It was the barebones macbook pro at the time

If so will it be smooth on mediumish settings?

I have a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo procesor

4 GB 1076 MHz DDR3 of memory

My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 320M with 256mb of virtual ram

and my resolution is 1280 x 800

Thanks!!!

It'll run fine dude, I was running the beta on the exact same model, and it was grand. I can't remember the settings I used, it was either "low" with a few things bumped up, or "medium" with a few things turned down. I'm lazy, but if you can be arsed to check my previous posts, there's probably more info in there. Also, the game is awesome, get it!

LagFighter

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
I'm having a lot of trouble running this on my mid-2010 15-inch MacBook Pro. I've got the Nvidia 330M GT w/ 512MB dedicated memory, i7 @ 2.66 GHz (although I believe it's dual core), and 8 GB of RAM that I installed myself. I'm running on Boot Camp with Windows 7 64-bit, and I've updated my drivers.

Yet, despite all of this, I'm still only getting about 10 frames per second at best, and that's with all settings on low. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Notably, I do have the higher-resolution screen, running at 1680 x 1050.

----------

Here are my specs if that helps:

mCUVY.png

Shivetya

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
Certain areas of the game, namely the jedi temple at start and its sith equivalent punish my fps... out in open I get into the 20s on my i5/4850 ..

there were reports that ATI cards had some issues, didn't hear any with Nvidia

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.