Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThePanther

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

rainbowsofwhite said:
I thought I was hacked for sure.

So did I.

I started getting concerned that my identity had been compromised.

Thank goodness for Twitter....

No Apple TV, guess I'll read a book.

But how will you buy it from iBooks? ;-)

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Exactly the same happened when Apple launched iCloud. Old MobileMe members could not log in for days since Apples servers where hammered by 25 million that downloaded iOS5 and migrated to iCloud.

Today Music match is launched around the world and Apples servers are overloaded again.

Some in this thread have written that its the downside with the cloud. No. Its the downside since Apple uses Microsoft Azure servers. Real servers don't have this kind of problem. Unix have been "cloud" based since 90is with NFS. Apple used Sun + Oracle before the migration to Azure. We already in 2 month have had more outages with Azure then 10 years with Sun/Oracle/.mac/mobileme.

Apple is idiots when it comes to corporate computing. They had fantastic server lineup with Xserve/Xraid/Xsan. Instead of using this, they today use Microsoft +HP +netapp. That is not non stop servers. No bank/credit card company uses MFST on mission critical servers. Apple should not do that either. And Apple would save money buying its own hardware.

Do you have a source on Apple still using Azure? Last I heard it had all now been moved to their new DC. If Apple were on Azure, this wouldn't happen. It would have scaled up, they have a hell of a lot more capacity than Apple could ever use, it wouldn't just bomb and die like this.

Every iTunes connection I've seen has been pointing to IP's in North Carolina, not to more local Azure facilities, hence why I asked.

Hiebs

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
I Fixed My Outage

I was having the same issues but I logged in from itunes directly then my problems with the app store on both my ipad and macbook air were fixed directly. Must have had something to do with itunes match...or not.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I was having the same issues but I logged in from itunes directly then my problems with the app store on both my ipad and macbook air were fixed directly. Must have had something to do with itunes match...or not.

Give it a few seconds and it'll be down again - its not a complete outage, its intermittent.

I take that back it's working now...

Nope....just keep trying. Once downloads have started, they will run fine, its just the login system thats intermittent.

inthelineofduty

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
California
Outage:DEV RELEASE 10.7.3, AppleTV Update and OUTAGE

At Midnight Apple released 10.7.3 to developers, and an Apple TV update was completed at the same time. Ten mins later while watching my AppleTV the show I was watching completed then populated that I had purchased the whole series which was not correct.

I do not know what happened after Apple uploaded the files (the Dev files and pushed the AppleTV update) however, the AppleTV had issues then it was asking for the Account ID password, which failed. I was able to download my 10.7.3 however the AppleTV Upgrade created issues for me as well.

At one time the Apple TV displayed my account email "twice" and wanted a new password.

Contacted Apple and was told by automated system to call back later.

Frosticus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2010
Bristol, UK
Working again

All seems to be working fine again.

My Apple ID went down after signing up for iTunes Match this morning... first noticed when I was unable to update my iPad apps.

All seems to be working again now though.

Phew.

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

But how will you buy it from iBooks? ;-)

Apple TV back online and error rectified (Australia)

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA

Doubt you fixed it since it's on the server end and it's affecting more than you.

Give it a few seconds and it'll be down again - its not a complete outage, its intermittent.

I hope not. I've been in for about 10-15 mins since I got back in and it still seems okay. I'm watching a TV show from iTunes right now.

flynndean

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
London, England
Although my Apple ID seems to be working on my iOS devices to download Apps...it looks like iTunes Match is still broken.

Can anyone confirm that they have been able to download tracks from iCloud and/or previously purchased tracks that are not already on their device?

I'm in the UK.

marlonux

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

OK this is what i did I use a gmail email for username in the apple ID. So I change the "username" of gmail by the apple email (yourname@me.com) and them I use the same password. And finally loggin. I remember when I switch from me.com to iCloud they ask for the user name but has to be another email and not the email they given to me.

flynndean

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
London, England
Although my Apple ID seems to be working on my iOS devices to download Apps...it looks like iTunes Match is still broken.

Can anyone confirm that they have been able to download tracks from iCloud and/or previously purchased tracks that are not already on their device?

I'm in the UK.

I can confirm everything is now all working here in the UK for me (including Match)

OddyOh

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2005
Regina, SK, Canada
back on the grid

Seems to be working again in Canada, so far so good, was able to download some iPhone app updates. Not interested in iTunes Match in it's current state...will wait til I hear more good news than bad.

ericmooreart

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
NY,NY
Way too many problems. I can't count how many times something went wrong with my account. Apple eventually makes it right but why the error in the first place. Its not rocket science

Saints Row3 Fan

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011

It Works For Me Now. Signed In successfully. Hope it gets fixed for everyone else. I will have to see if my friend is having the same issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.