Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmagman

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
Calgary AB
-Streamlined and developed the mp3/portable music market
-Invented the first true 'smartphone'
-created an entire integrated 'life' ecosystem that was successful (mac, ipod, ipad, iphone, apple tv, etc.)
-built entire digital media e-commerce system (itunes, app store, etc.)

those are starters, people will have more

ERIC273

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
NJ
-Streamlined and developed the mp3/portable music market
-created an entire integrated 'life' ecosystem that was successful (mac, ipod, ipad, iphone, apple tv, etc.)
-built entire digital media e-commerce system (itunes, app store, etc.)

those are starters, people will have more

Well, did he do that or did other team members at apple do that?

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Well his Vision and Leadership revolutionised the following

1. The Computer Industry with the Mac (GUI and Mouse)

2. The Computer Animation Industry with Pixar - Toy Story

3. MP3 Players with the iPOD

4. Digital Music Downloads with the iTunes music store

5. The smartphone industry with the iPhone

6 The Tablet Computer industry with the iPad

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
So you want us to buy you an SSD and do your homework. Anything else? :rolleyes:

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
5. Getting Woz to design a game circuit for Atari and pocketing more than half the money, while lying about the amount to Woz.
6. Cynically cheating the mother of his first child out of child maintenance money by forcing a settlement just before Apple IPOd.

paulisme

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
Charleston, SC
Have you thought about doing your own research? You could come up with 6 things just by reading the first few paragraphs of his Wikipedia article. Kids these days ::shakes fist::

ERIC273

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
NJ
Have you thought about doing your own research? You could come up with 6 things just by reading the first few paragraphs of his Wikipedia article. Kids these days ::shakes fist::

I read the entire Walter Issacson Biography I just stink at choosing the most important things! I could have listed like 6 things and asked if someone thought anything was more important! Sorry!

B777Forevar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
Chicago, IL
Convinced +1,000,000 people to buy anything related to Apple.

I'm generally not a fan of Steve tbh, but he was one hell of a salesman.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Convinced +1,000,000 people to buy anything related to Apple.

I'm generally not a fan of Steve tbh, but he was one hell of a salesman.

At the end of the day the product does the talking, not the guy selling it. Apple's product quality not only extends full-spectrum through nearly all their lines, but also persists through time. Apple consistently scores highest in customer satisfaction and customer service year after year.

That isn't salesmanship. It's about giving a damn about what you put your name to and then standing right behind it.

Benbikeman

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2011
London, England
Um, no. Handspring did that in 2002 with the Treo 180. Other companies who got there long before Apple were Nokia (with the Nokia Communicator) and HTC (with the XDA). Apple joined the smartphone party five years later.

Jobs' genius with the iPhone was in marketing what had been a techie's product to the mass-market.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.