Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
What is this madness?!

I do what it says, but there isn't a notification/warning in iTunes... Anyone else getting this or has gotten this? Is there a solution?

I couldn't decide if I should put this in the iTunes forum, or here... It has to deal with my iPhone and iTunes! :eek:

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    746.2 KB · Views: 884

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I've gotten that many times and have never been able to figure where the issue is. iTunes doesn't say anything, and as far as I can tell all of my media content was synced over just fine.

I reset my warnings in iTunes and on my iPhone, I deleted all of my music and content off of my device and I still continued to get this message. Sadly I ended up doing full restore from a back-up, though it did fix the issue for me, I was never abled to pin point the problem.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Ghost in the machine?

I've never had that issue.... wierd one. What one thing wasn't synced?

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I've seen folks narrow it down by individually disabling the sync of the difference categories (movies, books, tv shows, etc.). Once isolated to a media type they are able to track down a movie that isn't compatible or a hidden voice memo or a particular app or...

From the brief search I did there doesn't seem to be one generic answer.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I did a complete backup and restore of my iPhone and the problem now appears to be gone. Apparently that's the only known fix... Now my battery is dying faster than it was before the restore. I can't win. C'mon 5.1!!!

D-Love

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Mines doing the same damn thing, except its 2 items. Every time. I'm restoring now. iTunes match on the iPhone has been a cluster**** as well. Duplicates and splits albums, and doesn't accurately represent the storage space saved on iTunes. Some of my albums lost the artwork as well on the iPhone. As a result I have gone ahead and quit iTunes match on the iPhone and am restoring selected albums - after that everything looked right again.

Bivv

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2012
"iTunes Sync: 1 item could not be synced. See iTunes for more information"

I'm jailbroken, and iMovie wont get on my iPod Touch, and if I restore my iPod Touch, I wont be jailbroken anymore and, two more things; 1. I need iMovie to make videos because Display Recorder doesn't record audio. 2. I jailbroke my iPod Touch on a different computer and I am not allowed to download stuff on this computer.

What should I do? :(

cmm542000

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2014
“Item(s) could not be synced. See iTunes for more information” error fix

I tried this and it corrected the problem!

Some users have reported that they could not successfully sync all of their files resulting in this error: “(x) item(s) could not be synced. See iTunes for more information”.

Fix:

Photos may cause this problem. When you sync photos to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod; iTunes creates a small version of each photo and stores them in a folder called “iPod Photo Cache.” Sometimes, inconsistencies between the real photos and photos in the cache folder may result in this error. To fix this error, simply remove the iPod Photo Cache folder(s).

Don’t worry, this folder will be recreated automatically the next time you sync photos and removing this folder will not erase your original photos. Here is how you can locate the iPod Photo Cache folder so you can drag it to your Trash (on a Mac) or Recycle Bin (on a PC). Follow: Go > Home, then open the Pictures folder and find the iPhoto Library file. Control-click the iPhoto Library and choose Show Package Contents where you can locate the iPod Photo Cache folder and drag it to the Trash. Then restart iTunes to re-initiate your sync.

DBY SERHAT KURT :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.