Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
I guess your reading comprehension isn't so great because in the OP it says you can load more on it with-OUT Jb'ing...

Phoneview doesn't count either.

Like I said, there are many emulators on the app store doing the exact same thing. This is hardly unique.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
InB4itspulled

I learned my lesson last time with Handylight when I said "I'd get it but I don't think I'll ever need it...", and then the month after I wished I'd gotten it.

Similarly, I don't think I'll need this, but just incase a ROM for a game I just have to play on my iPhone pops up next month, I'll be ready for it.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Mame is great but I don't see it lasting too long since Apple doesn't like side loading of any applications even for IRC - emulators - unless this is a change in policy ( which I doubt )

bushidounohana

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
St. Louis, MO (USA)
Um, hells yeah! Just ran all of my old favorites--Double Dragon, Street Fighter II, Final Fight, and TMNT 2.

Having gotten down and dirty with inspecting things yet, but has anyone figured out what version of MAME iMAME uses? Some of the ROMS I have on my Mac aren't working, and I suspect it's a version difference ...

rock7437

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
Um, hells yeah! Just ran all of my old favorites--Double Dragon, Street Fighter II, Final Fight, and TMNT 2.

Having gotten down and dirty with inspecting things yet, but has anyone figured out what version of MAME iMAME uses? Some of the ROMS I have on my Mac aren't working, and I suspect it's a version difference ...

how is everyone loading games to their phones? I can't see the option to upload a game to my phone.. btw my phone is not jailbroken.. I don't see the option

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Full screen Metal Slug on the iPad! I'm all in!

Just trying to get some others to run. MK II crashes on the iPad1 :(

Seriously - you guys need to learn to read. The first post tells you how to put more ROM's.

----------

have to use iExplorer and copy them to some folder. Not sure which.

Documents folder within iMame.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Full screen Metal Slug on the iPad! I'm all in!

Just trying to get some others to run. MK II crashes on the iPad1 :(

Seriously - you guys need to learn to read. The first post tells you how to put more ROM's.

----------

Documents folder within iMame.

Nice, Thank you!

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
Works superb.

I used iExplorer to dump some of my ROM's into the app.

Here is the 1988 classic, Bad Dudes vs Dragonninja!!

bd130efd.jpg

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
I've tried six ROMs so far. Only two of the six worked, Bezerk and DK Jr.

The joystick control is extremely twitchy on the iPhone (4S). I think this program was mostly intended for the iPad. An iCade is probably the way to go with the iPad too.

Mark

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
By iExplorer you mean just this do I need the $4.99 app iExplorer thats in itunes?

I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken, all you need is that free app (the one you linked to) to dig into the Documents folder of iMAME. Drop the .zip ROMs in there and reload the ROMs in iMAME.

I haven't tried this yet. Trying it out later tonight.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007

If you go to Option > Help in the app it says which version the dev based the app off of.

That same file mentioned that the app can support up to 4 wiimotes... does that mean Nintendo Wii Remotes Controllers? How exactly do I connect a wiimote to my iPhone 4S running the app? Combined with video out to my TV, this could be very cool...

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
(insert name of App MacRumors staff like) was released for OS X or iOS today.

Nothing to see here folks. Just a little advertising.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.