Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
May your Christmas wish come true ;)

YouTube: video

LaughingGirl.gif
Betty Boop meets Elmer Fudd.

Thanks, and I don't even care if she was dubbed. ;)

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Yes, very disappointed (though it looks like it may eventually be back). Easily one of the best things on their network, and its timeslot is going to be used for some Chelsea Handler BS. Really hope they reconsider.

At least they went out on a high note...good episode. Unfortunately it's like a lot of shows that get cancelled way before their time. Shows with witty, intelligent writing that don't always just spell out the jokes for everyone -- they don't appeal to the lowest-common-denominator.

Last edited:

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Saw the Community cast in an NBC Superbowl spot. Guess they're not getting canned after all. Funny commercial, too. It was a musical with casts of different shows singin during one take shots. Well done!

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I love this TV show. It's really awesome, and there's a lot of cool/geeky references that I guess less intelligent people wouldn't get or enjoy.

And season 3 has been awesome so far.

So let me get this straight - getting cool/geeky references is a measure of intelligence, right?

Or conversely, not getting cool/geeky references is a sign if stupidity or lack of intelligence.

Interesting intelligence measure.

The capacity for abstract thinking, complex conceptualization, cognitive complexity - all nonsense. Just getting cool/geeky references is the measure of intelligence.

Well, my stupidity, by that measure, is boundless.:rolleyes:

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Saw the Community cast in an NBC Superbowl spot. Guess they're not getting canned after all. Funny commercial, too. It was a musical with casts of different shows singin during one take shots. Well done!

I hope this is a sign the extended hiatus is coming to an end!

So let me get this straight - getting cool/geeky references is a measure of intelligence, right?

Or conversely, not getting cool/geeky references is a sign if stupidity or lack of intelligence.

Interesting intelligence measure.

The capacity for abstract thinking, complex conceptualization, cognitive complexity - all nonsense. Just getting cool/geeky references is the measure of intelligence.

Well, my stupidity, by that measure, is boundless.:rolleyes:

Well, a geeky reference might be something politically based, something geographically based, science based, or computer related. If you are un-intelligent, then you'd probably suffer in some of those fields.

Geekyness doesn't always = intelligence. But then the word geek is quite broad and can refer to a maths genius or a World of Warcraft enthusiast.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
I feel like Community lately has been pretty mediocre, though this current season has had its moments.

The thing is I doubt NBC actually has better shows replacing it for the mid-season lineup.

30 Rock went through a little funk too and picked it up since then. I hope Community gets a slot and picks things up.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Different strokes for different folks, I guess, 'cause I think Chuck sucks. Can't believe it's still on the air. The chicks hot, but...

Chuck has been cancelled too. The last ever episode just aired couple weeks ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.