Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I just bought my mom and her husband a new AppleTV (second generation) and I wanted to know if Home Sharing will work with more than one Apple ID.

He has an Apple ID of his own in iTunes, and so does she. I know they'll both want to access their content (pictures, movies, music) through the "Computer" option, but will this be possible?

Does anyone out there have an ATV shared by multiple users and confirm whether this will work or not, or know of a work-around?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas! :)

jmcgeejr

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2010
Seattle, WA
I just bought my mom and her husband a new AppleTV (second generation) and I wanted to know if Home Sharing will work with more than one Apple ID.

He has an Apple ID of his own in iTunes, and so does she. I know they'll both want to access their content (pictures, movies, music) through the "Computer" option, but will this be possible?

Does anyone out there have an ATV shared by multiple users and confirm whether this will work or not, or know of a work-around?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas! :)

If you enable sharing on both you can see them both listed under the computer function of the apple tv, i haven't tried with two accounts but I have set mine up with 3 different libraries using the same apple ID, I would assume it will work.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
If you enable sharing on both you can see them both listed under the computer function of the apple tv, i haven't tried with two accounts but I have set mine up with 3 different libraries using the same apple ID, I would assume it will work.

Thanks! He was able to keep his Apple ID for purchases but I enabled his Home Sharing with my mom's Apple ID, so both libraries show up under computers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.