Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Madgirl1801

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
My new Macbook Pro w/ OS X Lion won't recognize my android phone. However my windows PC will.

The error i get is this "the inserted disk can not be read by this computer".

Does anyone know what may be wrong? Is there any way that I can connect my android phone to my macbook pro so that I can transfer pictures?

Spencer Reynen

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2011
My new Macbook Pro w/ OS X Lion won't recognize my android phone. However my windows PC will.

Does anyone know what may be wrong? Is there any way that I can connect my android phone to my macbook pro so that I can transfer pictures?

Bluetooth. Its not like Android phones are just going to show up in finder.

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
Maybe I helped

It might be in the USB cable. I thought just because my charger was USB it would work, but no. I ran into this with other phones too. Verizon had just the cord. The Droid only comes with a charger cord...I think Windows computer's are more universal with adaptors though.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
The Solution

All three of my Android phones connect with my MBP just fine.

Make sure the phone's "connect to PC" setting is set to either Disk Drive or Media Sync then connect it to your Mac.

You may need to restart the computer if it doesn't recognize the phone immediately.

Madgirl1801

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Macbook Pro won't recognize android phone

I restarted my computer and tried a different USB cable but that didn't work.

However, when I changed the USB setting on my Android phone from Mass Storage to Media Sync, My Macbook now recognizes my phone.

Thanks a lot!!!

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
Maybe your phone is infringing on some Apple patents... that's why the MBP rejects it :D

PS: I have an Android phone ;) Honestly right now I'm not sure if I ever connected it to the MBP.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
My GSII mounts fine on my Mac, I go to settings --> wireless & network --> USB utilities --> turn on mass storage .... then plug the usb in and it mounts as a drive and shows up on the desktop.

If that doesn't work for you not sure what's wrong

edit:
I restarted my computer and tried a different USB cable but that didn't work.

However, when I changed the USB setting on my Android phone from Mass Storage to Media Sync, My Macbook now recognizes my phone.

Thanks a lot!!!
haha... disregard my post above, I didn't see this one lol

lisaohare

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2020
You are mistaken. I still have my good ol' phone from 2014! :D
(and I still can't transfer files from it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.