Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
u have pics or not yet arrived to u ?

Still waiting.

I bought one and am waiting for it to arrive. Got the white one as well. Will post pics when I get it installed if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Nice, I will as well.

I'm curious about how easy it will be to connect the lit back to the actual phone to pull power.

----------

Waiting on your review.:)

Hopefully we'll get a few.

I'll make sure to bump this thread, or hopefully whoever gets one before me will with a review.

romeo0119

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
I'll wait till the price drop, I'm sure in a couple months some other company will come out w the same thing for cheap, maybe even on eBay

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
I really don't see the point in this....

It's no different than the apple glowing on a macbook. Is there a point to it? Maybe not, but some people seem to like it. Is there a point to your post? Not really, but you posted anyway.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
It's no different than the apple glowing on a macbook. Is there a point to it? Maybe not, but some people seem to like it. Is there a point to your post? Not really, but you posted anyway.

MacBook is different. You don't walk around with it stuck to your ear. I wouldn't want to be walking along one evening when it's getting dark, on the phone with a light shining out of the back of it. I may as well hold my phone up and shout 'steal me'.

Nevertheless, whatever takes your fancy. Just because I don't like the look of it, doesn't mean it's the do all and end all. It's my opinion, whether it has a point or not.

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
MacBook is different. You don't walk around with it stuck to your ear. I wouldn't want to be walking along one evening when it's getting dark, on the phone with a light shining out of the back of it. I may as well hold my phone up and shout 'steal me'.

Nevertheless, whatever takes your fancy. Just because I don't like the look of it, doesn't mean it's the do all and end all. It's my opinion, whether it has a point or not.

Whether or not a iPhone has a light on the back, it is a target for theft around the globe. Any Apple product is.

Simply owning a Apple product is like shouting "Steal me".

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
I wouldn't want to be walking along one evening when it's getting dark, on the phone with a light shining out of the back of it. I may as well hold my phone up and shout 'steal me'.

Just got back from the gun range and read your response. "You want my iPhone punk? Go ahead, make my day." :D

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011

Hold your phone so that your hand covers the logo, problem solved. Or is it? Im sure someone willing to snatch a phone out of your hand on a dark street while your talking really doesnt care, they will snatch whatever (flip phone, blackberry, whatever) and figure out what they stole later. I think theyd be more interested in robbing you for cash anyway, if you are going to rob someone, you take it ALL

DeLoMan

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2008
Looks like iFix is canceling all orders for this.

"Dear customers,

We regret to tell you that our purchasing department has put a recall on all iPhone 4 Light Up Logo Mod back covers due to some concerns that were raised. Our primary concern is that KO Gadget (Our original supplier) has refused to sell the parts to us due to another anonymous supplier obtaining sole selling rights in the US. The current supplier is listed with KO Gadget and you can purchase directly from them. Our company has found Ko Gadgets ethics unprofessional as we have been in touch with them since their first publication.*

With this in mind, we also regret to tell you that there has been a few tests we performed with a similar concept (tapping into the LCD to power the light) and the results were not as positive as we expected. Battery drainage is common, fading of the LCD may be possible. This does not refer to the KO Gadget product line-up as they are using a different module so these issues may or may not arise. There has also been rumors that by tapping into the LCD power, you may also short circuit your logic board.*

We are working right now as we speak to develop a light up module that does not tap into the LCD, rather than the battery it self. This will most evidently provide even power distribution and prevent from any short circuiting or permanent damage to your iPhone 4/S. We are keeping in touch with our current factories in Shenzen on development of this product and more news will be posted.

All of the orders that were purchased were never debited to our accounts, they are pending transactions and all of them will be released today back to your card. It will take between 2-3 days for the money to reflect on your account. Each one of our customers who has already ordered the light-up mod will also get a $15 gift card for all the inconvenience this may have caused you.*

We believe in our customers and our brand therefore we want you to have only the best modification products out there. Many of you have shopped with us before and know that quality and customer satisfaction is our primary concern. With this said, we will be working to create a solution that can work without affecting any components of the iPhone 4/S.*

iFixDirect Support Team"

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Looks like iFix is canceling all orders for this.

"Dear customers,

We regret to tell you that our purchasing department has put a recall on all iPhone 4 Light Up Logo Mod back covers due to some concerns that were raised. Our primary concern is that KO Gadget (Our original supplier) has refused to sell the parts to us due to another anonymous supplier obtaining sole selling rights in the US. The current supplier is listed with KO Gadget and you can purchase directly from them. Our company has found Ko Gadgets ethics unprofessional as we have been in touch with them since their first publication.*

With this in mind, we also regret to tell you that there has been a few tests we performed with a similar concept (tapping into the LCD to power the light) and the results were not as positive as we expected. Battery drainage is common, fading of the LCD may be possible. This does not refer to the KO Gadget product line-up as they are using a different module so these issues may or may not arise. There has also been rumors that by tapping into the LCD power, you may also short circuit your logic board.*

We are working right now as we speak to develop a light up module that does not tap into the LCD, rather than the battery it self. This will most evidently provide even power distribution and prevent from any short circuiting or permanent damage to your iPhone 4/S. We are keeping in touch with our current factories in Shenzen on development of this product and more news will be posted.

All of the orders that were purchased were never debited to our accounts, they are pending transactions and all of them will be released today back to your card. It will take between 2-3 days for the money to reflect on your account. Each one of our customers who has already ordered the light-up mod will also get a $15 gift card for all the inconvenience this may have caused you.*

We believe in our customers and our brand therefore we want you to have only the best modification products out there. Many of you have shopped with us before and know that quality and customer satisfaction is our primary concern. With this said, we will be working to create a solution that can work without affecting any components of the iPhone 4/S.*

iFixDirect Support Team"
Hmm could it be apple? maybe a feature on the iPhone 5?? Just starting crap:D

rleepremier

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2010
I also received that email. The funny thing is they say "With this in mind, we also regret to tell you that there has been a few tests we performed with a similar concept (tapping into the LCD to power the light) and the results were not as positive as we expected. Battery drainage is common, fading of the LCD may be possible. This does not refer to the KO Gadget product line-up as they are using a different module so these issues may or may not arise. There has also been rumors that by tapping into the LCD power, you may also short circuit your logic board.*"

But they were selling it and knew about these problems but forgot to mention it until they couldn't sell it anymore. Oh also they're all about quality so stay tuned for a light mod that they make. Lmao

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.