Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pchipchip

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
My sister just got a new iPod Touch and a $25 gift card. She was setting up her Apple ID and she put in the wrong email address (instead of @gmail she put @aol). She tried making a new Apple ID on the correct Apple ID, but the gift card was not valid anymore. What can she do to get the $25 gift card back? Does she have to create the aol account that she put in for her email address?

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Seriously?

Let's see -- they're SO similar . . .

aol.com

gmail.com

Why on earth wouldn't she have already created the aol account? Would've been A LOT faster than even posting this here . . . and letting everyone know what . . . never mind.

It's rather obvious.

pchipchip

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2011
Seriously?

Let's see -- they're SO similar . . .

aol.com

gmail.com

Why on earth wouldn't she have already created the aol account? Would've been A LOT faster than even posting this here . . . and letting everyone know what . . . never mind.

It's rather obvious.

I'm not the one that typed it! It was her mistake and she asked me to fix it because she is not very tech savvy. I just thought that you guys might be able to help because I did not know what to do.

MrsVal2011

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
Resolution ipod Touch wrong email

You need to be on a computer first off
second go into http://www.itunes.com third on the search engine
type Apple ID there will show links just click any that have blue words
that say Apple ID fourth you will click on manage my account your going to log in with the wrong email and the password you created fifth it will direct you to a message saying you have not verified your email from there it will give you the opportunity to change the wrong email to the correct email that needs to be verified. There you go you will have access to your account again. Again this only works for the first time when setting up a new Apple ID. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.