Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:05 PM   #1
thekb
macrumors 6502

Help with VirtualBox

I have installed Virtual Box and am running Windows XP on it with no problem ... however, I enabled the full screen mode and accidentally "pinned" the fly up menu at the bottom of the screen and can't get it to go away. The mouse will not go into that area of the menu to let me "unpin" it. It's very aggravating, does anyone know how to disable this?

Thanks!
thekb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2012, 02:10 PM   #2
r0k
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekb View Post
I have installed Virtual Box and am running Windows XP on it with no problem ... however, I enabled the full screen mode and accidentally "pinned" the fly up menu at the bottom of the screen and can't get it to go away. The mouse will not go into that area of the menu to let me "unpin" it. It's very aggravating, does anyone know how to disable this?

Thanks!
I have Win 8 in a virtualbox and I remember having mouse problems. I seem to recall I could run virtualbox and edit the VM without actually launching it to get the mouse back the way I wanted it.
r0k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 08:43 AM   #3
thekb
macrumors 6502

FYI, I found the answer to my problem ...

With the VM not in full screen mode, I disabled the Mouse integration, which let me go back to full screen mode and unpin the menu from the bottom of the screen. Once the menu was hidden, I reenabled the Mouse integration and all works fine now.
thekb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac