Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shompa

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
Apples believed revenue for Q1 is larger then Google have in a complete year.

Somehow the Stock market loves Google and awards it 50 more valuation then Apple. Google PE 22.71 Apple PE 14.93.

I listening to all Stock experts and how Googles phones is taking over the world. In real life Google have sold almost zero phones. Somehow its good for share holders that Google spends 20 billion on a free OS like Android. Google only gets an income about 1 billion for advertising on Google devices. The fun thing is that MSFT makes more money on Android then Google.

And then we have Amazon. Amazon is aaaaamazing according to the stock experts. Its valued at PE over 100. 7-8 times the value of Apple. According to stock experts its great to have market share. Its great that Kindle Fire takes market share and are sold at a loss.

This is the reason for the .com bubble. Idiotic experts who believe that market share is important. Business is about making money and make you customers happy. Apple is the best company in the world at that.

----------

Couldn't agree more, Apple have an amazing product line at the moment.

Best computer OS and hardware, Best MP3 players, by far the best mobile phone and software, and the best tablet device.

The best thing with todays Apple is that Apple don't have premium pricing.
Take a PC ultrabook and compare to Macbook air. Its about the same price if you configure the equal. (including Windows "Ultimate" ha ha).

But OSX 10.7 is by far the worst OSX since the original 10.0 version. But that is another story. I hate be treated like an idiot by the computer. Apple should stop hiding my files/bookmarks and so on... Apple is great as long its work, but when is does not: you cant do anything.

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Why now though? Nothing exceptionally good happened recently and there were bad news that everyone thought would hurt AAPL (Steve's death, iPhone 4S not an iPhone 5, minor iPod refresh, etc.). In the next year we should see a major refresh of the MBP line and the long-awaited iPhone 5.

I know APPL also depends on the whole American economy and not just Apple's performance, but is there any good reason to sell now besides your personal economic needs? I'm truly asking, I don't know.
Portfolio diversification is one good reason.

Another reason is if you believe that the money could return better elsewhere. AAPL is trading right now around $410, and perhaps you set a one-year target price of $575. That's +40%. However, maybe there's another equity that you think is even more undervalued and has greater upside, maybe +60%. That's when you might move money from AAPL to somewhere else.

Commentors here frequently forget that the AAPL investor is not required to divest himself of every single share. Let's say Joe Investor bought 300 shares at $100, then another 50 shares at $250. He sells 250 shares at $410, at a +310% ROI. He keeps 100 shares (average purchase price $175) and eventually sells the remainder at $575, a +228% ROI on the second sale.

Portfolio diversification reduces risk. Even if you're an Apple employee, you probably don't want more than 25% of your total investments in AAPL. This is what burned Enron employees; many of them had zero portfolio diversification and when the stock crumbled, so did their entire portfolios.

ThatSmithJr

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2012
B@::*****. There are currently no WS projections for either of those. The highest 2012 projection is 666 by some clowns who slapped that on in October 2010 to get attention.

Curious that your first and only post here was an attempt to spread false information about aapl stock.

Really? Almost every report agrees with me. Maybe you should do your home work before you blast new users for their insight. I have been coming to this site for over 7 years.

Here is just a handful of reports agreeing with me...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/308955-apple-should-it-be-a-1-000-even-3-000-stock

http://seekingalpha.com/article/313...le-s-guidance-to-accurately-forecast-earnings

http://seekingalpha.com/article/298228-could-apple-be-worth-1-trillion-or-1-000-per-share

There are countless other articles. Wall Street is almost entirely bullish on Apple.

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
Really? Almost every report agrees with me. Maybe you should do your home work before you blast new users for their insight. I have been coming to this site for over 7 years.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/308955-apple-should-it-be-a-1-000-even-3-000-stock

http://seekingalpha.com/article/313...le-s-guidance-to-accurately-forecast-earnings

http://seekingalpha.com/article/298228-could-apple-be-worth-1-trillion-or-1-000-per-share

There are countless other articles. Wall Street is almost entirely bullish on Apple.

I am extremely familiar with Zaky's (and Horace's) numbers and generally am in agreement. However you posted the following:

"All of the wall street projections have Apple going to 500 at this earnings report and possibly to 700 by the end of 2012."

Both statements are totally false. There are no legitimate WS pojections having aapl going to 500 at this earnings. There are no legitimate WS projections that have aapl at 700 by end of 2012. Any idiot can plug numbers into unrealistic PE formulas and come up with a "projection". No one takes them seriously and numbers like that should not be pushed.

TWSS37

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011

How does citing 3 articles written by the same site consist of a diversified opinion? Some of these articles make some rather outlandish claims that most would view as far-fetched, at best.

I'm not saying AAPL can't hit whatever number you want to put out there, I just think we need to sometimes keep things in perspective with this stock. That I own none of, nor ever will.

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
How does citing 3 articles written by the same site consist of a diversified opinion? Some of these articles make some rather outlandish claims that most would view as far-fetched, at best.

I'm not saying AAPL can't hit whatever number you want to put out there, I just think we need to sometimes keep things in perspective with this stock. That I own none of, nor ever will.

The Zaky article is worth reading. The other two are typical Seeking Alpha garbage.

kiantech

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2007
shouldnt they be announcing their 4Q 2011 results and not their 1Q 2012 results as 1Q 2012 doesn't end until march.

PS65

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2008
United Kingdom
Downrated because a silly statement. Since he held from below 100, waiting for an under 1% increase at a magical $415, after a more than an alleged 300% gain, is odd. If he wants out, start scaling now. No prediction on how high since that's up to WS, not aapl, but aapl will provide the numbers. If anyone thinks aapl won't exceed it's ATH in next few weeks please PM. I've got some Nevada oceanfront property for sale.

You've misread my statement - I quoted a reference to an increase in $4 shares.....

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
You've misread my statement - I quoted a reference to an increase in $4 shares.....

$4. Yes. That's less than 1% from level at that time of @411. Poster allegedly held since <$100, but wants to dump everything at magical $415, despite fact has ATH of $426 already, and monster numbers coming in 3 weeks.

----------

shouldnt they be announcing their 4Q 2011 results and not their 1Q 2012 results as 1Q 2012 doesn't end until march.

Aapl's fiscal year ends in September.

swagi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
The only way Apple stock can plummet in response to an MS announcement, is if during the announcement, MS employees launch a thermonuclear device at Apple headquarters in Cupertino, and it actually does what it's supposed to.

Microsoft's activities haven't had any substantial effect on Apple for years (aside from making Apple look really good), and certainly won't while Ballmer is running things.

I honestly sweared to myself I wouldn't respond to your posts anyway , but as a matter of fact I have to tell you one major misconception:

MWC is MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS, you know, the one where the Galaxy S3 will debut in February.

So anyhow - could you please tell me how this is in any way related to Microsoft? :confused:

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Aapl's fiscal year ends last Saturday of September. End of each quarter is last Saturday of given month.

swagi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Please, not the, "People don't know any better, so they like to buy high priced Apple stuff" people buy it, because its a good quality product.

I don't call thunderbolt an incremental update. Its a new technology. Even besides that, its natural to see incremental updates.

Sorry - I was not making this argument. I was just pointing you to fallacy that currently Apple (and the whole industry in itself) is in a situation that is bound to come down on them. Let me put it another way.

The iPhone is a wonderful phone - the iPhone4 itself is perfect. There is barely any need to update to a 4S without Apple willingly locking you out of Siri (if Siri really is so important as a feature - I really don't care for it despite all the hype stories how Apple designers spent time on "giving Siri personality").

So they can only go one route - which is what they are heading at for sure if you ask me. Soup up the computing power of the A5/A6 and the gfx power so people NEED the newer device to run the next hyped up iOS game. And this is so "PC era" as it can be - get the gaming crowd into a regular update cycle.

Basically you can call me narrow minded - but I am no spec sheet maniac and therefore I don't see any real benefit in upgrading the current smartphones in our family. Therefore I will go for the nice one my carrier offers (and don't care whether it runs WP7, iOS or Android). Be it Galaxy S3 or iPhone5 (my first contract is due June2012 - and I definitely will not go for a 4S).

Do you think, I am alone with my mindset? O.K. - go ahead, buy stocks then.

For the record: From my current point of view I won't need a tablet anytime soon. So I could care less, how great iOS, ICS or Win8 perform on a tablet.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
I honestly sweared to myself I wouldn't respond to your posts anyway , but as a matter of fact I have to tell you one major misconception:

MWC is MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS, you know, the one where the Galaxy S3 will debut in February.

So anyhow - could you please tell me how this is in any way related to Microsoft? :confused:

Isn't that where MS and Nokia are supposed to reveal their next big game plan in order to resurrect the sinking WP7 ship? They *do* have something completely game-changing and category-defining to reveal, right?

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010
Sorry - I was not making this argument. I was just pointing you to fallacy that currently Apple (and the whole industry in itself) is in a situation that is bound to come down on them. Let me put it another way.

The iPhone is a wonderful phone - the iPhone4 itself is perfect. There is barely any need to update to a 4S without Apple willingly locking you out of Siri (if Siri really is so important as a feature - I really don't care for it despite all the hype stories how Apple designers spent time on "giving Siri personality").

So they can only go one route - which is what they are heading at for sure if you ask me. Soup up the computing power of the A5/A6 and the gfx power so people NEED the newer device to run the next hyped up iOS game. And this is so "PC era" as it can be - get the gaming crowd into a regular update cycle.

Basically you can call me narrow minded - but I am no spec sheet maniac and therefore I don't see any real benefit in upgrading the current smartphones in our family. Therefore I will go for the nice one my carrier offers (and don't care whether it runs WP7, iOS or Android). Be it Galaxy S3 or iPhone5 (my first contract is due June2012 - and I definitely will not go for a 4S).

Do you think, I am alone with my mindset? O.K. - go ahead, buy stocks then.

For the record: From my current point of view I won't need a tablet anytime soon. So I could care less, how great iOS, ICS or Win8 perform on a tablet.

It has to do a lot more then just a company trying to get people to buy their products.

It also has to do with competing with other companies that have simular products and also with the consumers themselves that are pushing to get the latest thing.

If a company gets too complacent with its product, competitors will offer more features, better service and so on.

If a company gets too complacent with its product, consumers themselves, are they really going to stick with the same product? While it works perfectly fine, another competitor offers more for the same or even lower price or possible even if it costs more.

So its not always about blaming or accusing a company on geting them hooked into a particular hardware, software or service. Its driven on all sides by many things.

swagi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Isn't that where MS and Nokia are supposed to reveal their next big game plan in order to resurrect the sinking WP7 ship? They *do* have something completely game-changing and category-defining to reveal, right?

Well - could you please elaborate how the Tango phone (Lumia 900) should stick up to the new silverback in mobile?

If the Galaxy S3 really lives up to the crazy rumors floating around - well - I don't see any coverage on Nokia Lumia 900 or the WidowsPhone platform in Spring 2012.

It's amazingly quiet on the Moto, LG and HTC front but 6 weeks from now we'll know who's got what up their sleeve.

But if you ask me - Nokia and MS rather present their new phone at CES to at least gain some coverage while MWC will be the homerun event for Samsung.

Dang - answered again...

But OTOH I just have to prove my point made: MWC will be about LTE (which sure is a not so incremental update) and about quad-core phones (which has to be bundled with power-hungry eye-candy to make you want it).

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
It seems like even without Steve Jobs at the wheel, Apple has a really great group of people running things. Apple should have another blow out quarter.

PS65

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2008
United Kingdom
$4. Yes. That's less than 1% from level at that time of @411. Poster allegedly held since <$100, but wants to dump everything at magical $415, despite fact has ATH of $426 already, and monster numbers coming in 3 weeks.

----------

Aapl's fiscal year ends in September.

Well, we're nearly there. So making just under 1% in 3/4 weeks.....ignore the new numbers.

vrDrew

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
Midlife, Midwest
Why did people down rate the above comment. It's a valid point, assuming you're not a noise trader - then there is rational for the price.

People downrated it because they are resentful towards someone who owns enough Apple shares that a $4 uptick would pay for two car payments, a vacation, and brokerage fees: i.e., at least a thousand dollars, probably several.

Dmunjal

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
My prediction is that iPhone sales blow out all expectations and therefore overall profits but the stock drops because iPad sales don't meet expectations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.