Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmottedixon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
I bought the iphone 4s few weeks ago directly from Apple . I want to say.. i am not really happy, and i want to sell it and buy Galaxy Note.
Please tell me it is Galaxy Note more good than iphone 4 s?
Iphone still have some errors and i miss some calls from friends without reason.
I love the samsung Note screen, and i want to know if the camera is good like the iphone 4s camera.
Thank you for your help

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
You should probably ask on an Android forum, over here you're going to get a lot of biased iPhone fans.

For instance, I hate Android, it was awful when I used it, but I love my iPhone.

benardquek

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2012
Malaysia
Galaxy Note Vs iPhone 4S

I have been an iPhone user since the 3 and 3GS and promptly refuse to get the iPhone 4 for obvious reasons, it didn't suit my needs. I got a Galaxy Note. Here are my observations.

1. USB Host hub, means you can connect a flashdrive to the Note to exchange or copy files form device to flash drive. iPhone can't do it.
2. Megapixel for megapixel, both cameras perform well so there is no reason to choose one or the other.
3. Games and Apps. iPhone still the better choice.
4. Big hands? Galaxy Note's larger form factor and screen wins.
5. Creatively incline? Note wins, as the stylus is really a notch above the nonsense you get on the iPhone. The Galaxy Note's Stylus is both precise and easy to use on a big screen.
6. Cloud storage. No diff. Apple's iCloud is a ripoff in disguise. Third party options are better.
7. Siri. Voice control and command is a joke on both Android and iOS. Not very useful and consumes too much data.

I have invested over a thousand dollars on the Apple appstore over the years buying original stuff. I still use and own an iPad which I love. But there is no compelling reason to get the iPhone 4S even when I had the money for it.

There is a little more work involved if you get on the Android. For example the need to decide on app storage as you have to manually move some of the apps from device to SD card storage. Customization is also something you can do if you like to do it but if you hate to customize the screen, you will find it a pain to do it.

Apple's iOS benefits from simplicity. It is Vanilla flavored ice cream for those who prefer Vanilla. However if you like to have a Chunky monkey, the Galaxy note is the way to go. .

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
I would take the Galaxy Note in a heartbeat,but Verizon isn't getting it and there's no way I'm ever switching to AT&T. That phone looks amazing, the screen makes the tiny iphone display look like a 1990 RCA TV with rabbit ears antennas.

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
I really, really wanted to get the Galaxy Note. I thought it would solve the issue of having both a phone & a tablet. I wasn't too thrilled with the huge cost, so I got the Galaxy Player 5.0 instead. It has been a learning experience since I have never used an Android device before. Everything is OK, I've just been so used to the iPhone OS; my really big complaint is the damn capacitive buttons on the bottom of the Player- they're VERY sensitive & one brief touch makes you go elsewhere....maybe it's me & I need to get used to it.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
Galaxy Note > iPhone 4S

Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

Btw, the Galaxy Player's screen isn't the same as the Note's. It's lower res and (very slightly) smaller. The 720p resolution make a HUGE difference.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
You could always get one of these. The Note is about the same size minus the buttons and antenna.

Cell-clutch.jpg

Typswif2fingers

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
Dubai, UAE
I just got the Note and am very very happy with it. Took me a couple of days to figure out the OS (coming from iOS). I simply love it. No more squinting.

So far as the camera is concerned I don't use it that much. Both phones use 8MP and I am not sure if there is any actual difference.

I am extremely happy with the phone. Having said that, it is matter of taste. I use phone as phone only from time to time. I needed something I can use for emails, browsing and books that is small enough to fit in the pocket but large enough to not have my eyes bleed from 3.5" screen.

I was hoping the new iPhone would have been larger (screen-wise) but since that didn't happen... well.. there are other phones :)

Is Note better? Well, for me it is. It has provided for all my detailed specifications :)

Finally, to be honest mate, you really shouldn't be asking questions like these on this forum. So many wa*^#rs on this forum have no life except to sit here and attack anyone who asks, or says, or thinks about anything other than Apple, or are quick to parrot what they've read elsewhere from other wa*^#rs like themselves without actually using or trying out the stuff they're whinging against. If you want fair opinion I think there are other places for that.

sneaky butcher

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
how different is the note to the galaxy S II?

youtube has lots of comparison videos. the Note is much bigger and has a stylus which might be a bit easy to lose. Bigger screen is a bigger drain on the battery.

S2 also has an 8mp camera the galaxy note is a 5mp.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I bought the iphone 4s few weeks ago directly from Apple . I want to say.. i am not really happy, and i want to sell it and buy Galaxy Note.
Please tell me it is Galaxy Note more good than iphone 4 s?
Iphone still have some errors and i miss some calls from friends without reason.
I love the samsung Note screen, and i want to know if the camera is good like the iphone 4s camera.
Thank you for your help

If you're happy using something as big as this as your phone, then go for it

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-SKT.jpg

Personally, I think it's far too big to use as a phone and too small to use as a tablet, so have not interest in it whatsoever, but everyone's preferences are different

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
One is a phone. One is a mini tablet/big sized phone (or phablet as samsung likes to label it). Comparing them head to head is ridiculous.

Do you want a 5.3 inch screen or is a 3.5 good for you? It really boils down to that.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
youtube has lots of comparison videos. the Note is much bigger and has a stylus which might be a bit easy to lose. Bigger screen is a bigger drain on the battery.

S2 also has an 8mp camera the galaxy note is a 5mp.

Look at what Note owners say about their battery life. You'll hear some amazing stuff (in comparison to other Android phones) Why? Because the Note's battery is huge. Samsung actually prepared this time

Eric Confused

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2012
Note from iphone4s

It was a very hard decision for me to leave the iphone for a lot reasons (no.1 is that I am an apple fanboy) but when i switched to note from iphone 4 (not to the very disappointing 4s) my, i felt like i have been brainwashed by apple.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Neither of them are "better", it all depends on what you want out of the phone.

The Galaxy Note has a bigger screen, which is nice for people that have massive bear paws for hands but sucks for those of us that aren't giants, and a faster processor. Its battery life is pretty decent too. The camera isn't very good when compared to the iPhone 4S camera, but it's great for an Android phone.

Software wise, Android is even buggier than iOS, has less apps available, and the apps it does have are usually lower quality, but you can install apps from wherever you like and it's possible to customize the software anyway you want.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.