Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
:eek: Very cool concept.

I assume that with Siri, it has WiFi connectivity somehow? Which means online streaming services (i.e. Spotify) might work with it.

Day 1 purchase :p

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
You know what I think apple should do?
Hire you right now, give you an internship, patent this idea, put this into prototype, and release it in summer of 2012! Seriously, like many others said, this is simply amazing! I would wait in line to buy this one the day it launches. If this allows non-iPhone 4S users to be able to talk to iPod coin, connected to iPad 2 or iPhone 4, then that's a plus.

Keep more designs coming! I love the concept :D

-EDIT-
I think it would be better if there was a tactile feedback, the ones in iPhones. It could help you get notified when there is an alarm or notice.

Last edited:

rory.reilly

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2011
WOW that's great it looks exactly like something apple would do. IMO I doubt they would create an ipod nano with siri because - correct me if you think im wrong - then probably people my age i.e. kids and teenagers who are looking to buy something cool but being kids and having limited money for themselves (due to the only sources of income being birthdays) would opt for the nano instead of the ipod touch, losing apple money on probably their best selling ipod.

Either that or the price would go up.

JPLC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Netherlands
Thank you all so much for the positive feedback! :)

So, if anyone knows a way to introduce this (and me ;) ) to Apple, please help me out!

Any kind of attention would be helpful. It's just that most tech blogs don't give attention to muckups. For example, I did sent it to the frontpage for MacRumors and nothing jet... :(

More App designs will follow! Maybe this weekend...

Last edited:

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
Thank you all so much for the positive feedback! :)

So, if anyone knows a way to introduce this (and me ;) ) to Apple, please help me out!

Any kind of attention would be helpful. It's just that most tech blogs don't give attention to muckups. For example, I did sent it to the frontpage for MacRumors and nothing jet... :(

More App designs will follow! Maybe this weekend...

Well, I am sorry to say, but I don't think Apple will make something which they haven't invented on their own.

jcazalet

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
Great mock-up!

Great design... see if a chinese factory wants to build and sell it. Nice

fotonutz

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2009
I think Sir Jony Ive may be calling you in for an interview at Apple as his design apprentice! :):D

Why don't you try and send this design to him and see what he thinks.....

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
I realy hope you guys like my design!

Like?
Wow. More than like. :eek:

Where do I buy this?

Very well done.
applause.gif

JPLC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Netherlands
Thank you, Thank you! I'm speechless about all this positive feedback. OMG! :)

I've tried to find a way to reach Ive. I did'nt want to send it to some Apple feedback adress. But I even tried that. It's hard to throw something over the wall... :(

That's why I wanted to share it with you guys. I love the idea and I don't want it to stay on my desk. For what it's worth, I share my ideas. Whatever it may bring.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Clock face store a master stroke.

I would get one of these in a heartbeat. Incredible design.

MacSince1985

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
Although there is almost no chance we will see this update, it would be awesome having App Store on the current iPod nano.
As discussed earlier, the current Nano does not run iOS. It's unlikely to be able to run an App Store. Although it should support loading some simple apps via iTunes (new clock faces, small games). It would be a niche market for developers, but it could still be profitable.

The round Nano, with the specs proposed above, would be in the same price bracket as the Touch. In this economy, I think that would be a tough sell.

But that shouldn't stop us from dreaming.

Hexiii

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
As discussed earlier, the current Nano does not run iOS. It's unlikely to be able to run an App Store. Although it should support loading some simple apps via iTunes (new clock faces, small games). It would be a niche market for developers, but it could still be profitable.

The round Nano, with the specs proposed above, would be in the same price bracket as the Touch. In this economy, I think that would be a tough sell.

But that shouldn't stop us from dreaming.

Well App Store = Store with applications. It doesn't need to be the same as on the iPhone.

MacSince1985

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
Did you see the cover of this month's MacLife? While not exactly the same, their iPod Air concept reminded me of yours.

Attachments

• maclife-ipod-air.jpg
    maclife-ipod-air.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 204

JPLC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Netherlands
Looks a bit clumsy. Don't know about that one. The possibility to wear it as a watch is my favorite feature. The mockups are stunning but I don't get the idea behind this concept.

But how about this one: http://www.wired.com/gadgets/mac/news/2004/06/63903?currentPage=all

My girlfriend found this one an hour ago. I'm a bit surprised but also like the idea that someone thought about this in 2004! Seems that I'm not first but I still love the idea.

Last edited:

j33p3r

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2012
I'd pick one up !

Nice work, also for a mini connector instead of mini USB, apple would probably prefer using their mini display port plug like on the macbook air video out port.therefore keeping the aftermarket stuff more proprietary.

Awesome idea, I am an apple fan and a watch fan so I love that Tag Heuer mock app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.