Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gaprofitt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Hi,

Not sure if I will do a good job explaining this, do any of the IPAD 2 Keyboard Cases actually lock the IPAD in place? In other words I don't want to just unfold/open the case and sit the ipad in a slot at a viewing angle, I want to open the keyboard and have the IPAD2 automatically move into a locking slot with the option to move it.

Hope that made sense.. :)

Greg

mortenandersen

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Norway
The closest you can come is ZAGGfolio?

Hi,

Not sure if I will do a good job explaining this, do any of the IPAD 2 Keyboard Cases actually lock the IPAD in place? In other words I don't want to just unfold/open the case and sit the ipad in a slot at a viewing angle, I want to open the keyboard and have the IPAD2 automatically move into a locking slot with the option to move it.

Hope that made sense.. :)

Greg

If your device not will be identical with a laptop (e.g. Air), perhaps the closest you can get is the ZAGGfolio? Or does anyone else know of some keyboard cases that in a higher degree will satisfy the OP's wishes?

Last edited:

Shield

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Canada
The ClamCase

Click here ---> YouTube video of ClamCase

a7ab5871.jpg

TonyK

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2009
If your device not will be identical with a laptop (e.g. Air), perhaps the closest you can get is the ZAGGfolio? Or does anyone else know of some keyboard cases that in a higher degree will satisfy the OP's wishes?

Just picked up the ZAGGFolio last night and do like the form factor of it. My wife had purchased the Apple Wireless Keyboard as a Christmas present for me and it went back un-opened. My desire was for a all-in-one solution combining case and keyboard.

The Clamshell case mentioned is okay but it is plastic for that $150 price. The ZAGGfolio is not plastic with the keys better spaced for touch typist.

I also agree the iPad2 is not a laptop replacement for all people. Some, yes; all NO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.