Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:22 PM   #1
Aragornii
macrumors regular

What's best: 320 kbps mp3 or 256 kbps AAC from the iTunes store?

I plan to use the iTunes match trick to upgrade all my low bit rate tunes to 256 kbps AAC using iTunes match.

What about tunes that are 256 kbps mp3 and above. Are the iTunes store tracks still better? a) AAC is better than mp3 and b) iTunes tracks are made from masters and not the CD.

I know that lossless tracks will be better, but are there any higher bit rate mp3 that are better quality than the 256 kbps AAC files from the iTunes store?
Aragornii is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules