Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chazwatson

macrumors member
May 20, 2009
San Diego, CA US
ergonomics

Unfortunately, the ergonomics of using a touch screen in a more horizontal position also don't work out well, which seems to be one of the largest issues to overcome.

Guide to Setting Up an Ergonomic Computer Station:

"There are four areas that a computer user interfaces with: the monitor, the keyboard and mouse, the chair, and the lighting of the environment. Setting up the interfaces with these ergonomic guidelines as well as maintaining a good posture will enhance your comfort and efficiency as well as prevent repetitive stress injuries.

The Monitor

[...]
Place the center of the screen at a 15 degree down angle from your eyes with your neck only slightly bent holding your head perpendicular to the floor."

Last edited:

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
Ready for Gorilla Arm? Waving your arms around all day will take its toll. Texting thumb problems are bad enough. Arms are next.

ILikeTurtles

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
It's really tragic that no tech company, aside from Apple, can have an original idea.

I mean really....thank God we have Apple! Not only for the cool "toys" they make, but also for the great ideas they have that other companies copy.

Thank you Apple.

----------

Looks like another Patent lawsuit waiting to happen.

I hope so!

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
It's really tragic that no tech company, aside from Apple, can have an original idea.

I mean really....thank God we have Apple! Not only for the cool "toys" they make, but also for the great ideas they have that other companies copy.

Thank you Apple.

----------

I hope so!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good joke. Because you're joking, don't you?

ILikeTurtles

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
Oh the the black ring around the screen is NOT called a bezel!!!!! It's a boarder, or a frame....but it is NOT A BEZEL!!!

bez·el/ˈbezəl/
Noun:
A grooved ring holding the glass or plastic cover of a watch face or other instrument in position.
A groove holding the crystal of a watch or the stone of a gem in its setting.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
I don't think Apple will come out with a touchscreen based iMac anytime soon.. Pretty sure they realize that running a full fledged operating system isn't' going provide a good experience, especially if it's not optimized for touch..

The multi-touch experience with the magic trackpad is pretty good for now..

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
iDeaded myself
This looks incredible technology be honest. I may switch back to Windows 8 with this. Wow. OS X is feeling kind of old and stale at this point.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.

Thank you Apple.

even Leneovo's desktop wallpaper is a copy of apple's space wallpapers! c'mon guys, can't you take *some* original initiative!?

I can't recall ever using a touch interface other than Apple's that wasn't either sluggish or clumsy

Looks like another Patent lawsuit waiting to happen.

Where does this self righteous attitude come from? Why is it that so much or almost the entire Apple cult is so obsessed with having bragging rights, deserved or undeserved? I used to enjoy reading about anything apple, but ever since the ipod went mainstream the apple community has gone from normal to religiously obsessed with blinders.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
even Leneovo's desktop wallpaper is a copy of apple's space wallpapers! c'mon guys, can't you take *some* original initiative!?

Congratulations, you derailed the thread into another stupid 'copycat' thread.

----------

I do believe Apple does have a patent on the tilting screen for their all in one pc's.

Well considering a number of 'tilting' display all-in-ones exist (and have done for a few years now), they must be willing to let that patent go.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier

----------

Well considering a number of 'tilting' display all-in-ones exist (and have done for a few years now), they must be willing to let that patent go.

Can you please provide a link to a tilting all-in-one that has existed "for a few years now" Please ?

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011

----------

Ummm why is it wrong to point out copycats when it's true? When I first saw that wallpaper I thought it was an Apple.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
Ummm why is it wrong to point out copycats when it's true? When I first saw that wallpaper I thought it was an Apple.

Good god.

Tell us then, specifically and in fine detail what they copied and how.

This 'Apple is the only innovative company' crap is making me sick to my stomach.

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
Good god.

Tell us then, specifically and in fine detail what they copied and how.

This 'Apple is the only innovative company' crap is making me sick to my stomach.

The machined aluminum casing, the black bezel, rounded corners and wallpaper all scream Apple.

Renzatic

Suspended
Can you please provide a link to a tilting all-in-one that has existed "for a few years now" Please ?

The all in one touchscreen concept is relatively new, insofar that most displays of that type are usually standalone. Such as...

cintiq.jpg

Really, when you consider MS Surface, the Cintiq tablet line, and the iMac, it all points the way towards flexible all in one computers with touch/stylus enabled screens being the future for high end content creation.

bpaluzzi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
London
Oh the the black ring around the screen is NOT called a bezel!!!!! It's a boarder, or a frame....but it is NOT A BEZEL!!!

bez·el/ˈbezəl/
Noun:
A grooved ring holding the glass or plastic cover of a watch face or other instrument in position.
A groove holding the crystal of a watch or the stone of a gem in its setting.

Ever notice how the people that yell the loudest are usually wrong?

From Webster's:
Definition of BEZEL
1: a rim that holds a transparent covering (as on a watch, clock, or headlight) or that is rotatable and has special markings (as on a watch)
2: the oblique side or face of a cut gem; specifically : the upper faceted portion of a brilliant projecting from the setting — see brilliant illustration
3: a usually metal rim of a piece of jewelry in which an ornament (as a gem) is set

#1 is spot on.

PS, the word you were trying to use was "border"

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
The machined aluminum casing, the black bezel, rounded corners and wallpaper all scream Apple.

Its been said a million times, neither YOU nor Apple reserve bragging rights for making anything with those characteristics. All of them whether on their own in combination or all at once have all been done at some point in history.

The view must be nice from your high horse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.