Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SFM

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2012
Hello,

I live in Oman and i have viber on my i-phone but the problem is that everytime i try to make a call to lebanon, it says internet connection is required to place free viber calls and im already connected to Wifi!! whats the problem??
Also i have tried calling after getting VPN and the problem still persist...
Can you please help me??

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hello,

I live in Oman and i have viber on my i-phone but the problem is that everytime i try to make a call to lebanon, it says internet connection is required to place free viber calls and im already connected to Wifi!! whats the problem??
Also i have tried calling after getting VPN and the problem still persist...
Can you please help me??

To the best of our knowledge, Oman's authorities have completely banned VoIP (and specifically - also Viber) in the whole country, including all ISP's (and that is why WiFi is also blocked).
Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(
Try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

Melendres

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2012
Viber Problems

I'm using iPod Touch iOS 5 and I installed Viber. But how come I cannot add contacts? :( I have only 2 contacts and I cannot add anymore. Whenever I try to add and click done, it doesn't appear.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
I'm using iPod Touch iOS 5 and I installed Viber. But how come I cannot add contacts? :( I have only 2 contacts and I cannot add anymore. Whenever I try to add and click done, it doesn't appear.

Have you tried adding contacts through iPod's native contact app (and not through Viber itself)?

Heroszka08

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2012
Hi!

i use Viber for such a long time. But today when i opened it, it was in the menu where i have to add my phone number and click on continue. And it showed me an error message like: "Internet connection is required to set up viber". My Wi-fi is working correctly. Thanks for replying

anyybodyy

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2012
viber internet connection problem

Hi, I had viber on my phone but suddenly he shot down, then I reinstaled the app Viber and there is a problem that he always shows me "An internet connection is required to set up Viber. Check your connection and try again." I'm from Slovakia and I tried with the wifi and also 3G. It still dont work.

Please help.

Thanks

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
We've been having some temporary glitches with our servers - we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We worked hard to fix it, and everything should be back to normal now. Please try it out and see if you still encounter problems.

mbesheer

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
We've been having some temporary glitches with our servers - we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We worked hard to fix it, and everything should be back to normal now. Please try it out and see if you still encounter problems.

i am having the same problem her in Egypt.. using Wifi and 3G both shows up an error message noting that an internet connection is required

artladymac

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
Viber not opening

I installed viber on my phone a few months ago, and it was working great until my last software upgrade. It now will not open on my iphone 4. Does anyone have any help for me? When I click on the viber app, it sort of jumps and then does nothing. Thanks.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@mbesheer -
Does this problem occur on both 3G and WiFi? (please test it on a few different WiFi networks to be sure).

@artladymac -
What exactly do you mean by "will not open"? What exactly do you see?

mbesheer

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
it is ok now

@ viber,

i tried it many times, it was the same, but i was at home just 2 days ago trying to get the code, i found it moving me to the next page, yet i didn't receive the code but could get it via phone call. and now it is working.
it must have been something with viber i dunno till now where the problem was.

regards
Moustafa

samlzx

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2012
Problem with voice calling

Hello Viber

I'm from Malaysia. Using Streamyx 1mbps as wifi source.
I've been using viber since i got my iphone4 10 months ago and I love it so much! Especially the HD quality sound~ But recently, my viber version 2.1.4.731 has got 2 problems with the voice calling feature. That is.. there has been no problem like this occurred before for the past 10 months, even after I updated to IOS 5.01.

This happens after 2 weeks of updating to IOS 5.01. Whenever I chat with my friends, sometimes I will be hearing 'bzzzzzz....', which is like a blank buzzing sound/signal interfere sound and I couldnt hear anything from my friend for that short while, and it occurs frequently in a single call, and it leads to total dissatisfaction for the entire calling experience =(

Another thing is, for the past 10 months, the icon of the network quality has always indicates green or sometimes yellow... but recently, it was like blinking between the yellow and red (which is 'expect poor quality calls')... which is very questioning.

I tried to restart my phone immediately and reinstalled viber and also restart my modem but the problem just won't disappear.

Please help.
Thankyou

Last edited:

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@samlzx -
Has the problem started occurring immediately after you upgraded to 2.1.4?

We haven't received such complaint from other users, so it is hard for me to pinpoint the source of the problem.
Please try testing Viber when both you and your friend are connected to a few different high-speed WiFi networks (in order to rule out the causes). Does that problem happen on all of them?

elt

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2012
Problem setting up

Hi I'm in Australia and using wifi and trying to set up viber on i pod touch 4th gen. I keep getting a failure message saying -
" Viber can't acess Push Notifications. Check Settings > Notifications and make sure Viber is set to on. Check internet connection and try to register again. see viber/notifications for more info."
I have done all that is asked and upgraded my i pod and continue getting same response. What could it be? is it possibly a problem because I habe installed viber on my samsung and I am trying to use that same number to get code?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi I'm in Australia and using wifi and trying to set up viber on i pod touch 4th gen. I keep getting a failure message saying -
" Viber can't acess Push Notifications. Check Settings > Notifications and make sure Viber is set to on. Check internet connection and try to register again. see viber/notifications for more info."
I have done all that is asked and upgraded my i pod and continue getting same response. What could it be? is it possibly a problem because I habe installed viber on my samsung and I am trying to use that same number to get code?

First, note that registering the same Viber number on 2 different devices is currently impossible. You'll have to register your iPod with a different number (for example - your landline number), otherwise the second device will be automatically deactivated.

Now, about the notification problem - the cause of this problem might be the fact that your iPhone is jailbroken/hacktivated, and that interferes with Push Notifications in your iPhone. Our support team might be able to assist you further with this issue - please read this page in our official Help Desk: http://bit.ly/uRG1Dw

avada02

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2012
Help!!

I've just installed Viber (iPhone 4 ios 5.0.1) and my sis has too. We get excellent network in the beginning but then it becomes poor in seconds. My sis can hear me but I can't hear her. Plus I dont have 3G but normal GPRS connection. We both have wireless connection. But when I disable my phones data connection, Viber says that there's no internet connection. Please help me.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
I've just installed Viber (iPhone 4 ios 5.0.1) and my sis has too. We get excellent network in the beginning but then it becomes poor in seconds. My sis can hear me but I can't hear her. Plus I dont have 3G but normal GPRS connection. We both have wireless connection. But when I disable my phones data connection, Viber says that there's no internet connection. Please help me.

Unfortunately Viber does not officially support GPRS, since it's a relatively low-bandwidth network. This may be the reason for the problem you're experiencing.

Please test Viber when both sides are connected to a high-speed WiFi network. Does the problem still happen in this case?

avada02

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2012
Unfortunately Viber does not officially support GPRS, since it's a relatively low-bandwidth network. This may be the reason for the problem you're experiencing.

Please test Viber when both sides are connected to a high-speed WiFi network. Does the problem still happen in this case?
We both have high-speed wifi network. I don't use GPRS for Viber. It's just that though I want to use wifi as connection, Viber does not connect if GPRS is disabled.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
We both have high-speed wifi network. I don't use GPRS for Viber. It's just that though I want to use wifi as connection, Viber does not connect if GPRS is disabled.

This is strange, since your phone can either use GPRS or WiFi, so if you are really connected to WiFi (and you are sure of it), then having GPRS on or off should be meaningless.

First, please contact your phone manufacturer for help - this might be a phone related issue.
Secondly, this might be a long shot, but please make sure neither you nor the other side are connected to networks that might be blocking Viber (for example - a router running a firewall).

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connected to different WiFi networks. Does it work now?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, contact your router manufacturer)

avada02

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2012
This is strange, since your phone can either use GPRS or WiFi, so if you are really connected to WiFi (and you are sure of it), then having GPRS on or off should be meaningless.

First, please contact your phone manufacturer for help - this might be a phone related issue.
Secondly, this might be a long shot, but please make sure neither you nor the other side are connected to networks that might be blocking Viber (for example - a router running a firewall).

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connected to different WiFi networks. Does it work now?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, contact your router manufacturer)
I'm attaching a pic for your reference. I have a iPhone 4. So I don't think that the problem is with the phone. Will try by re-installing. Hope it solves the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.PNG
    IMG_0211.PNG
    172.5 KB · Views: 259

DebLarsen

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2012
Viber Code

I downloaded Viber on my phone and recieved the text message with the code, but I have no idea where you put the code. Nothing is popping up saying it requires a code and I've looked at everything on the Viber app. Where do I put in the code so I can start using it? Thanks for any help. Also, if you need to know, I'm in Denmark and I have a Sony Ericsson Experia Mini Pro. Thanks!

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@avada02 -
I never suggested the problem was with your device - my suggestion was that it was a network issue. Please thoroughly read my response to you above and also try performing the steps I suggested.

@DebLarsen -
In most Android devices, Viber's code is automatically entered into the app after it's successfully received. In other words, Viber was automatically activated, and you can just feel free using it now - it's ready :)

DebLarsen

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2012
@avada02 -
I never suggested the problem was with your device - my suggestion was that it was a network issue. Please thoroughly read my response to you above and also try performing the steps I suggested.

@DebLarsen -
In most Android devices, Viber's code is automatically entered into the app after it's successfully received. In other words, Viber was automatically activated, and you can just feel free using it now - it's ready :)

Thank you so much for the help! I had no idea and am quite grateful you were able to help. Have a great day!:):):D

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Thank you so much for the help! I had no idea and am quite grateful you were able to help. Have a great day!:):):D

Our pleasure to help :)

Should you have any other questions/suggestions, please do let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.