Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:57 PM   #1
chrf097
macrumors 68020

Is it worth Jailbreaking my iPod touch?

So I'm running an 8GB 4th Generation iPod touch running iOS 5.0.1. My warranty is out because of some physical damage taken on it. This physical damage (chipped/dented in the lower right hand side) has been allowing water moisture to seep in and damage my A4. I get lag (E.G. Multitasking bar, Voice Control, Opening/closing folders and apps) on a regular basis, and some apps (particularly the ones that require a lot of power) will sometimes quit. I really only use my iPod touch for music (Music App/Pandora), social media (Facebook, iMessage, Messenger), sometimes as a camera, and for light gaming (Fruit Ninja, Death Worm, etc.). I've been thinking about jail breaking since my warranty is already void and I'm getting an iPhone (or a WP7 is Verizon gets a new LTE one) in April. What would be some good reasons to? I don't necessarily care about themes. Is there anything to help boost my processor? What are some good extensions?
chrf097 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:58 PM   #2
DankNugz
macrumors regular

It sounds like you are pretty happy with using your ipod with normal App Store apps and since you dont really care about customizing the look I dont think you really have a need to jailbreak your iPod. Of course, you could always jailbreak it if you want to so you can see what all the fuss is about and then simply restore it back to normal if you dont like it.
DankNugz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:17 PM   #3
Invincibilizer
macrumors 6502a

Not really although there is a tweak called fakeclockup. It speeds up the animations of the iPod. Since warranty is already gone, you might as well jailbreak it and see if any tweaks can help you. If not just restore and your jailbreak will be gone.
Invincibilizer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:46 AM   #4
chrf097
macrumors 68020

Are there any tweaks worth noting? I remember on my last jailbreak on my 1st Gen Touch there was SBSettings for toggles. That's all I remember though and I guess notification center has replaced that.
chrf097 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks