Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milo

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Apologies if this is off topic, but I figured someone here probably has done this.

With a roku box, is there a way to play back music from a local computer's iTunes library? And I'd really like to be able to use existing iTunes playlists including smart playlists as well as ratings and play counts.

Is there anything that does that? The only roku/itunes thing I've seen in my searching is some sort of cloud service which I don't need. I'm using Plex for video and it's fantastic - looks like they're working on music support but still a ways off so I'd like to find something that works in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.

milo

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Thanks for the info. Did you have it set up to exchange things like play counts and ratings with iTunes and how well did that work?

dnelms

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2011
McGee's Crossroads, NC
Thanks for the info. Did you have it set up to exchange things like play counts and ratings with iTunes and how well did that work?

All I remember is it read your iTunes library. As to what it used from that library I could not tell you. I used it to get my music to the Roku, never used play counts or ratings (Still don't even on the ATV2).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.