Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

priyanka160

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
My Iphone3GS connection to the internet was fine until I unlocked it!The version now is 4.1..The wifi bars are shown but still wont connect. Under the wifi numbers,only ip address and subnet mask are present .DNS and the rest are blank! All other devices under this wifi connect to the internet, except this iphone:( Also It works perfectly under any other wifi connection.I have tried "forget" the network,reset network settings! It has been over 2 weeks and i still cant figure out why!Please help!

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Seems to me it might be his wifi connection at home. If it's connecting to other networks and working fine I don't think it's the phone.

jeremyshaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2011
Well, the only time I couldn't get a family member's 3GS connected to WiFi, was when I changed my network to "N-only." Turns out, the max the 3GS supports is 802.11G.

priyanka160

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Hey Its working now! Turns out the encryption type had to be changed on the computer connected to the router as it did not support this phone!Thanks anyway!

jeremyshaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2011
Hey Its working now! Turns out the encryption type had to be changed on the computer connected to the router as it did not support this phone!Thanks anyway!

Heh, glad you solved the issue :D But yeah, I sometimes forget I do have so many old iOS devices to support on home network, and sometimes break network functionality and wonder why it doesn't work, lol :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.