Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mythree

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2011
Okay so I called Amazon and complained about the missing iLife software. The guy gave me $50 credit and another $50 for the *trouble*.

So, now the MBP has cost me $667 :D [including $30 for overnight shipping because I couldn't wait :p Else, it would've been $637]

Next project: Getting the warranty moved over!!

Why is it that Ilife is missing off of all these "like New" Amazon purchases...? I just bought my wife a brand new from the Apple store free standing Imac which has it loaded and according to the specs for this Lappy it's supposed to be loaded on it. I checked to see if it was there prior to updating all the software and it wasn't and it isn't on here after the updates - dah...?

BTW, thanks for all the help :D

Spink10

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Okay so I called Amazon and complained about the missing iLife software. The guy gave me $50 credit and another $50 for the *trouble*.

So, now the MBP has cost me $667 :D [including $30 for overnight shipping because I couldn't wait :p Else, it would've been $637]

Next project: Getting the warranty moved over!!

Awesome - I've been loading up on different "small problems". I shall use your wonderful example to get my MacBook Pro even cheaper.

They don't want you to send the MBP back

Did they suggest the extra $50?

Last edited:

mythree

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2011
Called Amazon today referred them to this thread as an example of the ILife problem - they promptly credited me $40.00 to use as I see fit.

Now onto Apple and their warranty...

----------

Awesome - I've been loading up on different "small problems". I shall use your wonderful example to get my MacBook Pro even cheaper.

I thought you bought one already???

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS

No. This is how is went down.

I called and mentioned the missing iLife software install or DVD, even though the item's description clearly mentions iLife installed and, in the what's in the box section " Software DVDs " to be included.

The guy put me on hold, came back after about a minute and said that since all MBPs were upgraded to Lion, no software DVDs were included. He also said that the iLife should be on the recovery partition now.

I replied back saying that was not the case as I had already re-installed from the partition and iLife wasn't installed. Furthermore, upon calling Apple they redirected me to Amazon and, should I want to buy iLife with iMovie and iDVD, it will be $50.

He again put me on hold, came back after ~ 5 minutes and offered to refund me $50 for iLife and another $50 for being *so patient* !!

So, that's the script in short lol..

Some people have mentioned receiving "scuffed" MBPs [from the Amazon warehouse deal only!!] and been offered a 15% refund in lieu of returning the laptop.

As a request, please avoid pointing the Amazon rep to this thread! lol.. Amazon, as nice as they are, have been known to block certain discounts/promos/refunds when X number of reps have used a 'public forum thread' notation for issuing discounts! I learn't this from SD and FW.

Goodluck!!

----------

Awesome - I've been loading up on different "small problems". ..

I just wanted to chime in again and say this.. Don't call in with a bunch of issues because then they might just ask you to return the lappy for a refund. I would call in with no more than 2 or 3 issues which you can *live* with should Amazon offer a reasonable incentive to keep it ;)

mythree

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2011
FYI - as good a deal as mine was (based upon the unit I got which is virtually brand new) it wasn't outstanding as some others have gotten. As far as mentioning this info, if I didn't provide back up to my claim of "others have experienced this as well" I would have gotten nowhere with my request.

Don't believe everything you read here I think some like to make up stories as to what they REALLY got, why, who knows...people, go figure...!!!

Spink10

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Called Amazon today referred them to this thread as an example of the ILife problem - they promptly credited me $40.00 to use as I see fit.

Now onto Apple and their warranty...

----------

I thought you bought one already???

I did - just haven't called Amazon back yet to get my refund :)

mscann

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
So what is the best price that somebody paid for this? What price should I be holding out for?

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Care to elaborate? I doubt that they listed it at $ 600 on the website

It was listed at 805 on their 'warehouse' deals page. Then, since I didn't get iLife and packaging wasn't that great, I was able to get Amazon to refund me ~ $200.

mscann

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
It was listed at 805 on their 'warehouse' deals page. Then, since I didn't get iLife and packaging wasn't that great, I was able to get Amazon to refund me ~ $200.

Wow....Wish I caught that deal...At $ 1400 currently

mscann

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
^^^ I would take that. I am only looking for a 13 inch base model. I am holding out for the revision hopefully in the next few months. But if I could get a previous model for a few hundred less I would do that

Spink10

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
^^^ I would take that. I am only looking for a 13 inch base model. I am holding out for the revision hopefully in the next few months. But if I could get a previous model for a few hundred less I would do that

Prices change often - with the low prices not lasting long

Spink10

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
UPDATE: Final got my missing iLife and couple other problems fixed. Amazon made several promises and let me down. So they ended up making it right in a very nice way. Thanks Amazon for amazing customer service.

Jayrcee

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2006
USA
Are these Warehouse deals coming with the original Apple boxes/contents or are they repackaged like Apple refurb?

friedymeister69

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2006
Depending on the condition, it can come in the original box or can be repackaged. If Amazon states the condition is "Like New," it should come in its original box.

Akack

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2011
USA
Are these Warehouse deals coming with the original Apple boxes/contents or are they repackaged like Apple refurb?

Just received a 13" entry level 2011 MBA from Amazon warehouse rated "good used condition." Only one battery cycle and not even registered!!

It looks completely brand new and it shipped with all original accessories including the MBA box. It did not come with iLife so will be calling Amazon later after I leave work.

Spink10

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Just received a 13" entry level 2011 MBA from Amazon warehouse rated "good used condition." Only one battery cycle and not even registered!!

It looks completely brand new and it shipped with all original accessories including the MBA box. It did not come with iLife so will be calling Amazon later after I leave work.

What did you pay?

quwestlove

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
NYC
my first post here...

just received my 15'' Fall 2011 MBP from Amazon today, practically brand new.

I'm a noob when it comes to Macs, but I'm pretty sure it didn't come with iLife... I'll post some pics just to show u guys people haven't been exaggerating when it comes to the quality.

Spink10

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
my first post here...

just received my 15'' Fall 2011 MBP from Amazon today, practically brand new.

I'm a noob when it comes to Macs, but I'm pretty sure it didn't come with iLife... I'll post some pics just to show u guys people haven't been exaggerating when it comes to the quality.

Awesome - base or high end 15? Battery Count? Price?(if you dont mine sharing).

crispynoodles

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
I'm in the market again for a 15" MBP after my early 2011 custom MBP 15" got stolen. Since I cannot afford another custom MBP, I have been browsing through Amazon Warehouse deals and came across these two listings:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook...77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&qid=1327893154&sr=1-53

and

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook...77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&qid=1327893126&sr=1-11

The price difference is minimal and I can't seem to find any differences although the title for the first says (OLDEST VERSION) & the second (NEWEST VERSION). Should I just get the newest version? Let me know your thoughts. I'd appreciate it. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.