Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gello2424

macrumors member
May 25, 2003
CA
Check this out? Tell me this don't suck

One of these days Apple is going to do something on time! (hopefully) I placed the order the day that I first could.

Tracking number 753608163214
Ship date Apr 27, 2005
Estimated delivery date
May 2, 2005 by 4:30 pm

Though i love my apples I must say there online store is really lacking in the shipping department. This always happens to me :( Oh well as is life

What really breaks my heart is that I drive by the fedex building everyday knowing that it is in there all weekend.

sintax

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2005
Austin, TX
gello2424 said:

One of these days Apple is going to do something on time! (hopefully) I placed the order the day that I first could.

Ship date Apr 27, 2005
Estimated delivery date

Though i love my apples I must say there online store is really lacking in the shipping department. This always happens to me :( Oh well as is life

What really breaks my heart is that I drive by the fedex building everyday knowing that it is in there all weekend.

oh god... if yours shipped yesterday and you don't have it, there is no chance for mine which is still sitting in apple's shipping department somewhere (I imagine).

Dm84

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Allston, MA
I just got an e-mail from Apple inviting me to the online seminar. Nice... If I actually had any hope of receiving my copy today. Still "preparing shipment" as of 12:15 AM EDT on 4/29.

sintax

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2005
Austin, TX
Dm84 said:
I just got an e-mail from Apple inviting me to the online seminar. Nice... If I actually had any hope of receiving my copy today. Still "preparing shipment" as of 12:15 AM EDT on 4/29.

I haven't gotten Email from Apple since I first got my order confirmation back on the 12th. Not even the return shipment forms I requested this afternoon that they said I would have within an hour... :confused:

Fourbin

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I'm thinking if I've got nothing to do I might head over to the Apple Store tomorrow to get some sweet door prizes. What time do you suggest I show up?

Benner

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2005
Me 2

gello2424 said:

Ship date Apr 27, 2005
Estimated delivery date

Yeah - I am getting the same thing too. Are you in Canada? Apparently Apple just sent out a whole wack of the Canadian packages today -- Fedex International Economy -- meaning that we won't get them until the 2nd... Grrrr.... I called Fedex and they said this was correct. I called Apple and the monkeys can only take orders after a certain time and not do anything else. Grrrrr...

I think what I will end up doing is just buying it at a store and then when the package comes in not accepting delivery. Apple can figure it out... If they try to charge my credit card I will just file a chargeback request with the credit card company.

The person who handles logistics for that company needs to be replaced!! :mad:

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Kinda funny to see Apple maintain that my copy of Tiger will ship "on or before 4/28" when it is past midnight in my time zone, as well as much of the world.

If by morning it hasn't changed to something, Apple is getting a call. Even if it finally stops lying and tells me it will ship next week, fine, just tell me already. Don't keep me in limbo.

I'm not even complaining about the fact that it probably won't arrive tomorrow, like it was said to do so. Now I am frustrated that I can't even me fed correct information.

sintax

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2005
Austin, TX
Freg3000 said:
Kinda funny to see Apple maintain that my copy of Tiger will ship "on or before 4/28" when it is past midnight in my time zone, as well as much of the world.

If by morning it hasn't changed to something, Apple is getting a call. Even if it finally stops lying and tells me it will ship next week, fine, just tell me already. Don't keep me in limbo.

I'm not even complaining about the fact that it probably won't arrive tomorrow, like it was said to do so. Now I am frustrated that I can't even me fed correct information.

I hear that! By the way it is only 9:28 pm their time... :p

J-Squire

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2003
Australia
Major .Mac changes

Has anyone checked out .mac lately? Huge changes to the interface. I don't know if it's beenl ike that for a while, but I haven't seen anything on macrumors about it....so I thought I'd say something

Where's Drew?

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2005
So is anybody in line yet? :)

I'm waiting outside the Apple stire in Tokyo (Ginza) right now. I showed up around 10am today, but there were only 3 people there. Assured of a good spot in line, I went for a walk and did a little bit of shopping. I came back to the store at noon and only one other person had joined. I had my lunch handy (along with a folding chair), so I staked out spot #5.

It seems everybody is very civil about lining up for stuff here. There's no "you move, you lose" mentality. Everybody gets that you may need to go find some food, a drink - or a bathroom - and it's understood that if you can get your spot back, they can as well.

Before I got in line I went inside the store and played with a couple demo PowerBooks and they all had Tiger loaded and running. Nice!

I also asked if they had combo drive 15" PowerBooks in stock, along with English keyboards - and was told they do. Only 4:20 more until it's mine! :D

skythefly13

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Dm84 said:
I'm in the same boat your in Dm84,
I was pretty excited to at least see that e-mail, too bad my order is still processing :mad:

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
sintax said:
I hear that! By the way it is only 9:28 pm their time... :p

Oh yes, Cupertino time. I feel like staying up 3 am EST just to spite them. Only in my Tiger-deprived mind could I think staying up until 3 am would be somehow spiting Apple. :)

J-Squire said:
Has anyone checked out .mac lately? Huge changes to the interface. I don't know if it's beenl ike that for a while, but I haven't seen anything on macrumors about it....so I thought I'd say something

Wow, that is a big change. 3.0 as per AppleInsider I suppose.

Here is confirmation of the.Mac Widgets for Dashboard:

Attachments

• stamp_widgets_E3E5E6.gif
    stamp_widgets_E3E5E6.gif
    8 KB · Views: 563

DanTekGeek

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm in the same boat as you guys, (along with a few of my friends as well). I ordered from the education store on the 21st, and was told I would have it by tomorrow. I called two days ago to make sure that they would deliver on time, they said they would. I called this afternoon, they confirmed the same thing. Its 10PM est and my order is still "preparing to ship". This is very angering since the main reason I ordered online was so I could be sure to have it tomorrow! gah!! :mad:

umbra obscura

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2005
DDoS attack to tnt.com

Hi,

my copy of Tiger will probably arrive today. It's 7 AM and according to the tracking it is already in town. But the tnt.com online tracker crawls like hell. Seems like all the Tiger buyers are DDoS-ing tnt.com-s servers :)

Dm84

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Allston, MA
Freg3000 said:
Oh yes, Cupertino time. I feel like staying up 3 am EST just to spite them. Only in my Tiger-deprived mind could I think staying up until 3 am would be somehow spiting Apple. :)
Same here. Only 2 more hours to go until 3 am. I think I can make it. They don't realize how big an inconvenience it would be if I don't receive my copy today. I had my whole day planned out for this.

KnaveOfSpades

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2005
Where's Drew? said:
It seems everybody is very civil about lining up for stuff here. There's no "you move, you lose" mentality. Everybody gets that you may need to go find some food, a drink - or a bathroom - and it's understood that if you can get your spot back, they can as well.

bit off topic, but I go to general admission concerts all the time and thats how it works here (SC).

Oh yeah, and I hope I get Tiger tomorrow too! :D

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Dm84 said:
Same here. Only 2 more hours to go until 3 am. I think I can make it. They don't realize how big an inconvenience it would be if I don't receive my copy today. I had my whole day planned out for this.

1.5 more hours...I can't see much in doing this though. The way this day has been going, the clock will strike 3 AM, the order page will not change, I will be extremely tired, and my Tiger-less day tomorrow will be even more screwed up due to my disturbed sleep pattern.

With that said, I go to bed hoping all of us souls, to whom Apple is "preparing shipment" of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" to us "on or before 4/28."

HA HA HA. Pathetic.

EDIT: Hey guys.....DON'T LOSE FAITH YET

I think I got angry enough that Steve decided to ship my Tiger!

Attachments

• ship.jpg
    ship.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 82

Dm84

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Allston, MA
Freg3000 said:
1.5 more hours...I can't see much in doing this though. The way this day has been going, the clock will strike 3 AM, the order page will not change, I will be extremely tired, and my Tiger-less day tomorrow will be even more screwed up due to my disturbed sleep pattern.

With that said, I go to bed hoping all of us souls, to whom Apple is "preparing shipment" of Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" to us "on or before 4/28."

HA HA HA. Pathetic.

EDIT: Hey guys.....DON'T LOSE FAITH YET

I think I got angry enough that Steve decided to ship my Tiger!
My status just changed as well. Now I have to find the tracking number somehow.

zimbo0

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2005
Greenville, SC
Dm84 said:

Mine too. I just wonder if the lack of a tracking number means that it won't be on a fedex truck until Friday night with a monday or tuesday delivery.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Dm84 said:

I thought I was going to have to wait for an email from Apple, but I got the FedEx tracking number posted online, on the Order History page.

:mad: :mad: :mad: I just crashed: Estimated delivery date: May 2, 2005 by 4:30 pm.

It did say it was picked up at 8:04 pm, left "origin location" at 10:32, arrived at the FedEx ramp at 11;37 in Middletown, PA, and left two minutes later...so maybe it is moving fast!

Grrrr...getting my hopes up for 20 minutes.

Dm84

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Allston, MA
Freg3000 said:
I thought I was going to have to wait for an email from Apple, but I got the FedEx tracking number posted online, on the Order History page.

:mad: :mad: :mad: I just crashed: Estimated delivery date: May 2, 2005 by 4:30 pm.

It did say it was picked up at 8:04 pm, left "origin location" at 10:32, arrived at the FedEx ramp at 11;37 in Middletown, PA, and left two minutes later...so maybe it is moving fast!

Grrrr...getting my hopes up for 20 minutes.
Still no link for a tracking number yet. If I find the status of the package to be at my local FedEx facility by tomorrow night I'll drive over there and pick it up.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Dm84 said:
Still no link for a tracking number yet. If I find the status of the package to be at my local FedEx facility by tomorrow night I'll drive over there and pick it up.

I might have to do the same. I am so ready for it to come already.

Look, I almost made it to 3 AM. Time for bed.

Good luck to you all!

zimbo0

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2005
Greenville, SC
Freg3000 said:
I might have to do the same. I am so ready for it to come already.

Look, I almost made it to 3 AM. Time for bed.

Good luck to you all!

Same here. Left the middletown ramp at 11:36pm, hopefully that means it will get on a truck for delivery in the morning. Our one hope is that Fedex likes to under promise and over deliver. I've had this happen many times with them, esp. on Apple shipments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.