Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

southworth7139

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
I have an Iphone 3GS running ios 5.0.1 on firmware 05.16.05 and when running ultrasnow to unlock i get "Could not activate cellular data network" i click ok and carry on anyway but upon putting my sim card into the device it will not work on t-mobile, it does not find any networks... anyone able to help? Trying to be able to use the phone on t-mobile network in the US... thank you

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
I have an Iphone 3GS running ios 5.0.1 on firmware 05.16.05 and when running ultrasnow to unlock i get "Could not activate cellular data network" i click ok and carry on anyway but upon putting my sim card into the device it will not work on t-mobile, it does not find any networks... anyone able to help? Trying to be able to use the phone on t-mobile network in the US... thank you

1. Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 can't unlock the baseband you have on your phone. Following are basebands it supports; 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00, or 01.59 (iphone 4) baseband(modem firmware).

2. So, your only option is to install 06.15 baseband on yours. However, there is risk involve with this. Please read the following link.
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/1718400992/ultra-recycle

3. Even if you know the risk and still want to proceed with #2 above, you need to check to make sure your phone is not made in 2011, weeks 35 or above. You can find this info by look at the 3rd digit (year), 4th & 5th digits (weeks) of your phone serial #s.

Upstream

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2012
1. Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 can't unlock the baseband you have on your phone. Following are basebands it supports; 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00, or 01.59 (iphone 4) baseband(modem firmware).

2. So, your only option is to install 06.15 baseband on yours. However, there is risk involve with this. Please read the following link.
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/1718400992/ultra-recycle

3. Even if you know the risk and still want to proceed with #2 above, you need to check to make sure your phone is not made in 2011, weeks 35 or above. You can find this info by look at the 3rd digit (year), 4th & 5th digits (weeks) of your phone serial #s.

What if the serial number is XX137XXXXXX? Doesn't it work to change to a 06.15 iPad baseband?

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
What if the serial number is XX137XXXXXX? Doesn't it work to change to a 06.15 iPad baseband?

I recommend you not to do it. It might fry your phone. When you run your phone through redsn0w and click on install iPad base and, you will see warning statement from dev team about this.

Upstream

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2012
I recommend you not to do it. It might fry your phone. When you run your phone through redsn0w and click on install iPad base and, you will see warning statement from dev team about this.

Thank you for answering! I'll unlock via the operator then.

Upstream

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2012

Unfortunately I'm not able to unlock via the operator. And all the unlocking sites (for example iPhone-Unlocking-Pro) are either scam or don't help me with the baseband issue. When do you think ultrasn0w will release a solution for the 05.16.05 baseband? Weeks, months, ever?

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Unfortunately I'm not able to unlock via the operator. And all the unlocking sites (for example iPhone-Unlocking-Pro) are either scam or don't help me with the baseband issue. When do you think ultrasn0w will release a solution for the 05.16.05 baseband? Weeks, months, ever?

In my opinion, it probably not going to happen. The last software unlocked was updated to unlock an Ipad baseband about a year ago. Since then, nothing happen. Also, Apple is selling unlocked Iphones now. My recommendation for you is to sell your phone and buy a factory unlocked iphone so you have to worry about baseband or update to the latest version.

shariyar

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2012
iphone 3gs

hi
i hv iphone 3gs currently runnig on ios 4.1 baseband is 6.15.00 and m look to update to ios 5.0.1 so i tried restoring custom firmware bt m gettin an error 1602 than i changed the host file still d same error and i used iREB to put iphone in DFU mode..... wat to do?

ajgo333

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2012
hi
i hv iphone 3gs currently runnig on ios 4.1 baseband is 6.15.00 and m look to update to ios 5.0.1 so i tried restoring custom firmware bt m gettin an error 1602 than i changed the host file still d same error and i used iREB to put iphone in DFU mode..... wat to do?

go here ( http://adf.ly/6RTPJ) for UNLOCK WITH ULTRASNOW FIXER ON IPHONE 3GS(OLD and NEW BOOTROM) IN IOS 5.1 ON IPAD BASEBAND(3GS MANUFACTURED BEFORE 28 TH WEEK OF 2011)

----------

hi

try this for your ios 5.0.1

1.create a custom ipsw with redsnow by clicking on extras and then 'custom ipsw' option.
2.start redsn0w and select extras, after select pwned dfu and follow the steps shown by redsn0w to put the phone in pwned dfu state .
3.then restore iphone with this custom ipsw formed in 1st step(NO_BB_..... .ipsw) with itunes.

shariyar

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2012
go here ( http://*******/6RTPJ) for UNLOCK WITH ULTRASNOW FIXER ON IPHONE 3GS(OLD and NEW BOOTROM) IN IOS 5.1 ON IPAD BASEBAND(3GS MANUFACTURED BEFORE 28 TH WEEK OF 2011)

----------

try this for your ios 5.0.1

1.create a custom ipsw with redsnow by clicking on extras and then 'custom ipsw' option.
2.start redsn0w and select extras, after select pwned dfu and follow the steps shown by redsn0w to put the phone in pwned dfu state .
3.then restore iphone with this custom ipsw formed in 1st step(NO_BB_..... .ipsw) with itunes.

i tried dis m gettin an error 3194
i even changed d host file
no luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.