Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Finder needs a REFRESH BUTTON (Like F5 in Windows). I work with Network Folders that do not refresh when changes are made by the remote computer.

Strange, I don't remember last time I saw this issue and I work in an office where there's about 140 Mac users connected to a server saving to it all the time.

Maybe that's something that happens for SMB shares?
We use AFP for the server at work.

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
Strange, I don't remember last time I saw this issue and I work in an office where there's about 140 Mac users connected to a server saving to it all the time.

Maybe that's something that happens for SMB shares?
We use AFP for the server at work.

Could be, it does it with our SMB shares at work, but since it's Solaris that's sharing them out, we can't use AFP.

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2003
UT
My Wish List
* Sleep/wake issues
* Wifi Issues
* Mail performance/stability updates
* Ability for Finder to be manually refreshed (stole that from other posts, I hadn't thought of that, but I get bloody annoyed some days, and refreshing would help.. Also I would like an Address bar, that's one of the actually useful windows features I miss.)
* General performance
* Graphics Drivers, OpenGL Update, etc.
* Bring back an option for a "Spaces" or to make mission control more like spaces
* reorganize the sidebar (I would like devices on top)

I know I'm a dreamer...

luist3k

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
My Wish List
* Sleep/wake issues
* Wifi Issues
* Ability for Finder to be manually refreshed (stole that from other posts, I hadn't thought of that, but I get bloody annoyed some days, and refreshing would help.. Also I would like an Address bar, that's one of the actually useful windows features I miss.)
* General performance
* Bring back an option for a "Spaces" or to make mission control more like spaces

I know I'm a dreamer...

... but you are not the only one...

ObeseSquirrel

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
If not spaces, at least the ability to cycle through desktops in a loop, instead of just a line.

Last edited:

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I'm surprised that the last 0.5s of certain types of WAV audio files getting cut off during playback bug hasn't been fixed. I did some more investigation of this, and determined that:
  • The sample rate of the WAV file does not seem to matter
  • If the files are played with QuickTime Player X, issue occurs
  • If the files are played with QuickTime Player 7, no issue occurs
  • 16-bit WAVs are affected, but 8-bit WAVs are NOT affected
  • WAV files shorter than 0.5s are reduced to either a click/pop or no sound at all

Should I report it to Apple? This bug has been present since the earliest Lion builds were issued to developers.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
I'm surprised that the last 0.5s of certain types of WAV audio files getting cut off during playback bug hasn't been fixed. I did some more investigation of this, and determined that:
  • The sample rate of the WAV file does not seem to matter
  • If the files are played with QuickTime Player X, issue occurs
  • If the files are played with QuickTime Player 7, no issue occurs
  • 16-bit WAVs are affected, but 8-bit WAVs are NOT affected
  • WAV files shorter than 0.5s are reduced to either a click/pop or no sound at all

Should I report it to Apple? This bug has been present since the earliest Lion builds were issued to developers.

Reporting is always good, maybe it actually is an issue that has been overlooked.

I have something similar however when I try to play any file type- and the sample rate is 96000 itunes refuses to play it.

Is it a problem on my side or a bug in itunes?

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
I can safely say that some of the Finder refresh issues have been fixed in 10.7.3.

TopTrainer

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2009
Potential Mac owner

When the hell are they going to fix Samba already..

Hi

I am poised to buy Mac equipment but the above comment is a major concern to me.
Currently a long time windows user using Windows 7 prof, also using UnRaid server which is linux based and extensively uses samba for sharing.

Could someone explain the situation to me and the workarounds and also if this is going to allow me to connect to my Win7 and more importantly my server.

Im potentially looking at iMac and Macbook pro ownership.

Thanks

T.T.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Hi

I am poised to buy Mac equipment but the above comment is a major concern to me.
Currently a long time windows user using Windows 7 prof, also using UnRaid server which is linux based and extensively uses samba for sharing.

Could someone explain the situation to me and the workarounds and also if this is going to allow me to connect to my Win7 and more importantly my server.

Thanks

T.T.
The SMBX implementation for Windows Sharing Apple's using with 10.7.x and beyond works MUCH better with Windows 7 than it used to. Older devices that use older versions of SMB to communicate (such as Linux) are known to have problems with Lion. Apple is working on various fixes to Windows sharing that should make it work better, but I have no idea if your server will connect properly, pre- or post-fixes.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Hi

Thanks

T.T.
I have a mixed number of users with Windows and now Mac's. Both Local and Remote. I decided to go with a Synology NAS Box because it supports multiple file sharing protocols. I use SMB for Local Windows Machines. I use WebDav for Remote Windows Machines and I use AFP for Mac's. I picked the Synology because it had really good reviews but there are other options. I did a quick check and it appears your UnRaid only supports SMB. I think the Synology people had a problem with Mac Lion when it came out but later fixed it. I have been using it now for about a week an it has been working great.

vea1083

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
Is performance better in 10.7.3?

I was wondering if this update improves the performance and stability of OSX Lion, must say that 10.7.2 did help in terms of system stability but Apple still has a long way to go. Hopefully all Lion gripes will be fixed by the time we reach the .5 or .6 upgrade.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
we need the graphic glitches fixed. It's resorted to users replacing old ktexts from SL into Lion as lion is crashing the system with graphic freezes!

Riemann Zeta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Sadly, these last builds (42, 46 and 50) have introduced a bug on my system (2010 MBP): an attempt at disabling/enabling WiFi if the internet connection is dropped will result in the WiFi card being permanently turned off. The only way to get the system to recognize that it has WiFi again is to reboot and reset the PRAM/SMC.

It sucks because I've never had the bug before and I would bet that 11D50 (or maybe one more, like 11D52) will be final GM.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I have a mixed number of users with Windows and now Mac's. Both Local and Remote. I decided to go with a Synology NAS Box because it supports multiple file sharing protocols. I use SMB for Local Windows Machines. I use WebDav for Remote Windows Machines and I use AFP for Mac's. I picked the Synology because it had really good reviews but there are other options. I did a quick check and it appears your UnRaid only supports SMB. I think the Synology people had a problem with Mac Lion when it came out but later fixed it. I have been using it now for about a week an it has been working great.

+1. I have a Synology DS211 and have been using it since the DP1 with the 3.2 DSM beta and have had no issues, with SAMBA/AFP/etc. SMB implementation was modified/"advanced" so older Windows systems were having difficulty. I have been using Lion with Windows 7 (x86/64 Pro/Home/Business) on numerous systems and configurations with no issue(s). Knock on wood. :)

Asclepio

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2011
My Wish List
* Sleep/wake issues
* Wifi Issues
* General performance

I know I'm a dreamer...

It's not a dream, it's called Snow Leopard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.