Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatisme

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
United States
Ran into a bit of a bug / feature yesterday when working on spreadsheets... I had 4 workbooks open at once, all with formula that referenced each worksheet. In Mission Control, I could see all of the sheets stacked if they were all open in full or partial windows. The moment that a workbook was minimized, the workbook became invisible to Mission Control. So the only way to then see that the workbook was open and to select it was from the menu bar, going to the window menu, then selecting to activate the sheet's window.

If I minimized ALL workbooks, then there was no way to see that ANY sheet was open and active. Mission Control only saw clean desktops and it appeared that there weren't any open / active programs. The only way to see the active sheets was to click on excel in the dock, then go to the menu and select Window, and see the open workbooks.

Has anyone else ran across this behavior with any other programs?

arelny

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Lion and Excel

I can't get Excel to run at all on Lion. I have the Office 2011 Home and Student edition.

RhyminSimon

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
Lion and Excel 2011

I can open an Excel file but I can't change/input any cell data. Also, new workbooks automatically hide themselves when created. Obviously, there are many problems with excel and lion. I'll have to revert to Snow Leopard if I want to use Excel, which I need to do. What a pain.

RhyminSimon

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
Lion and Excell

I just trashed the Solver app, which is an add on for Excel and that fixed my problems.

silverf1re

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
Solver sluggishness?

On a somewhat related topic has anyone noticed a significant performance difference between solver in excel 2010 vs 2011 (PC vs Mac) On my mac solver takes several seconds longer.

Hawkeye16

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Iowa
I have not seen any difference in speed (my mac is a tad faster than my work PC). I guess this might mean that mac office solver is slower since my work PC is a lot slower with everything else than my Air.

After reading more on here I am very glad but I have not had any issues with Office 2011 (not student) on Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.