Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Got this text just now. The area code is local to me. However, there is nothing about it that connects to Apple or AT&T. And I'm sure if Apple & AT&T send a message it would be not a phone number. But, just in case, anyone else get this? I went to the website, but didn't put my code. It didn't matter because users without a code can also be a tester.

testiphone5.jpg

ann713

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2008
California
Just googled the site and all I get are "scams" in the results. I don't think they'll let just anyone test an iPhone 5. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. :)

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
If you have to ask it's a scam. Anyway, that isn't how Apple does its testing, they have engineers that are paid to test the new equipment.

drmikey

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
Seattle
I got that text a couple of days ago also. I just deleted it. Apple is way too secret to ever do something like this.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I would like to give you all exclusive access to an iPhone beta testing program. It is completely legit. Please PM me your social security number, a front and back image of your photo ID, a bank routing number, and credit card information. We need this info only to be able to keep you honest for the NDA. Hurry because spots are limited!

/sarcasm :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.