Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mymacrumorse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
I live in St Louis which can see 4 different weather types on a given day. Unless I check my weather everyday, there is nothing to tell me to be prepared for a worse weather day.
Recently, on one of days I woke up with no indication of snow (which was only 2 inches but my city wasn't prepared for it) and was 2 hrs late to work. I wished that my alarm woke me up early based on my local weather.
Is there an app that does something similar to what I'm talking about? My searches were fruitless.
Have you guys been in similar situations?

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Not weather dynamic BUT when you are talking smart alarm, everyone should give Sleep cycle a go! I know it's irrational but it really works! The alarm goes when you are out of REM sleep and you wake up more refreshed even though you may have actually slept less

mymacrumorse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Not weather dynamic BUT when you are talking smart alarm, everyone should give Sleep cycle a go! I know it's irrational but it really works! The alarm goes when you are out of REM sleep and you wake up more refreshed even though you may have actually slept less

Its is a pretty slick app, I never would have imagined such a use of the iPhone's accelerometer, great Idea! Unfortunately though this doesn't gear towards what I'm looking for. Thanks for sharing may be I will give it a try!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.