Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Customers looking to order the iPhone 4S through Apple's online stores have long been faced with minor shipping delays as the company sought to keep up with demand, with Apple's online stores for most countries initially citing 1-2 week shipping estimates for the all models of the device. Those windows tightened up a bit earlier this month when Apple shifted to 3-5 business day estimates, but it now appears that the Apple has achieved a relative balance of supply and demand as the iPhone 4S is now listed as "in stock" in most online Apple stores.

iphone_4s_in_stock.jpg

"In stock" is Apple's term introduced last September to replace the previous "within 24 hours" status that is indicative of near-immediate availability.

Apple experienced booming sales of the iPhone 4S during its launch quarter at the tail end of 2011, blowing away estimates by recording sales of 37 million units across all iPhone models, with the vast majority of customers said to be purchasing the iPhone 4S over the iPhone 4 or 3GS.

Article Link: iPhone 4S Now 'In Stock' in Most Apple Online Stores

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I guess it's good to know for people that were holding up, waiting for it to be "In stock". I hope the wait wasn't too long (compared to just ordering it straight away and waiting for theirs to ship). Because you know, waiting 4 months for it to be "In stock" before ordering it, because "2-3 weeks" would have been a painful long time to wait is the logical course of action.

flash84x

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2011
It's news to people who work for carriers that do not allow employees to order phones that are on back order at their employee rate!

I'd say it's also news considering the fact that Apple, one of most efficient device producers has just now been able to meet the demand of a product that was released almost 4 months ago. When said product was considered a "flop" by most tech reporters.

Last edited:

Ingot

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
O hour wait for mine I jut picked up Friday. Walked to Bell Mobility and picked it up no muss no fuss.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Since we're all sharing important stuff... last week I dried 4 pair of socks and lost one. It's back now. :eek:

okwhatev

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Better get that iPhone 4S while it can still be jailbroken!! Time is surely running out!!

GunZi

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2012
Bring me a iPad 3 rumors, feed me with the rumors, i'm hungry for more iPads.

mutantteenager

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2006
Purchasing an iphone? Here are the steps.

1) Log on to Macrumors to check availability.

2) Log on to the Applestore and place an order.

"In stock" is Apple's term introduced last September to replace the previous "within 24 hours" status that is indicative of near-immediate availability. Apple are currently involved in a heated legal battle with Samsung and other vendors for their use of the term "In stock" to indicate availability of their products and services.

Samsung gave some ground, by stating that products were "Available from stock", however Apple objected to the use of the word "Stock". Visitors to the Samsung site may presume that they were purchasing an Apple product due to use of similar terminology to describe availability, Apple argued.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.