Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monta17

macrumors member
May 7, 2009
Michigan
Einstein Think Different Poster from Ireland

I have an Einstein Think Different Apple poster that I got in 1998 while living in Ireland in 1998. It was hanging in a graphics/art supply store (I am a graphic designer) and I begged and pleaded with them to let me have it. It measures 27 inches x (about) 38.25 inches, although I'm sure it was produced in a metric size.

It has a copyright line running vertically from the bottom left corner that reads: ©1997 Apple Computer, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Albert Einstein licensed by Roger Richman Agency, Beverly Hills, CA.

I haven't been able to find any like this online and was wondering if anyone has any info about it (I don't believe they were sold). And also how I would find out the value of it?

Thanks.

Last edited:

davbrun

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2011
Buzz Aldrin Apple TD poster

No, he wasn't. This is in reference to the officially sanctioned Apple Corporate US 24x36 sized sets that were done that I was discussing. By your own admittance, your Einstein poster is not even sized 24x36 and falls into another category. A category that I had already discussed where Apple affiliates in other regions have produced their own posters.

Unlike others, I actually believe yours are real and have had them described to me before. There's a distinction between posters done through Apple HQ and regional Apple affiliates(like yours and many others in other sizes from other areas) that you don't seem to comprehend. Any such posters should still be regarded as genuine.

Do you by chance have an original Buzz Aldrin TD poster you would be willing to sale?

sabuga

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2012
Unpublished posters

I recently brought the attached poster. I thought it was a fake, so I emailed TWBA about it, it's genuine, but unpublished. I brought it not knowing who she was, but TWBA confirmed that it's Mary Wells. I've NEVER seen this poster before, and after trawling arround on the internet, I thought I'd post it, so others know about this.

Attachments

• TD.jpg
    TD.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 9,238

monta17

macrumors member
May 7, 2009
Michigan
Think Different poster from Ireland

I have an Einstein Think Different Apple poster that I got in 1998 while living in Ireland in 1998. It was hanging in a graphics/art supply store (I am a graphic designer) and I begged and pleaded with them to let me have it. It measures 27 inches x (about) 38.25 inches, although I'm sure it was produced in a metric size.

It has a copyright line running vertically from the bottom left corner that reads: ©1997 Apple Computer, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Albert Einstein licensed by Roger Richman Agency, Beverly Hills, CA.

I haven't been able to find any like this online and was wondering if anyone has any info about it (I don't believe they were sold). And also how I would find out the value of it?

Thanks.

The above quote was my original post.
I am not trying to pass off a fake, but wanted to verify that this size is authentic and see if anyone has one like it. Like I said, I was given this while living in Ireland in 1998 from a graphics supply store that had it hanging on the wall (not for sale) so I can't believe it would have been a fake, especially at that time. I guess I am just concerned about some of the info online that states that there is just one, only one size of poster.

Anyway, I didn't have any photos at the time of the original post, but I just took some and are adding them now.

Unfortunately, the poster was rolled up and has been in a storage box since I returned to the states in 1999 (couldn't find it for a long time), so it needs to be flattened out), but here it is.
Thanks.

Attachments

• einstein 3.jpg
    einstein 3.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 791
  • einstein 1.jpg
    einstein 1.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 4,471
  • einstein 2.jpg
    einstein 2.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 717

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
That looks very authentic to me. It is definitely not a fake one like that German seller was selling on eBay awhile back, your Einstein is the right darkness/contrast, the Apple logo looks exact and is in the correct spot, and the positioning/cropping is correct.

So, from all looks and judgment this looks 100% authentic to me.

monta17

macrumors member
May 7, 2009
Michigan
Thanks. I took the pictures at night with low light so they look quite bad, but I was in a hurry.
But, thanks again for your comment. I really believe it to be authentic, it's good to know that someone else agrees.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
The key for me was looking at the brightness/contrast.

In the fake Einstein posters, the coloration is usually too dark and you cannot see the detail on the sweater. This one looks good with the right brightness and contrast. Mine looks like this and is the 24" x 36" size -- these are getting very, VERY difficult to find anywhere now, there were not many of them made, and most of them that are still around have damage of some sort.

Big Bone

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2009
North Salt Lake
I actually feel pretty fortunate. My older brother just handed down two framed "Think Different" posters he bought back in the late 90's (Einstein and Gandhi). I had no idea they were even valuable until I stumbled on this thread.

Now they are up on my office wall and looking good.

Micah

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
The Einstein is very, very valuable if it is indeed an original and in good condition. I would definitely hold on to both of those posters.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I worked up this "Color Buzz" piece to show what a color rendition of the famous Buzz Aldrin poster might look like. This one prints and looks pretty good, I might try seeing if I can do something higher-res, I would like to get something that would look good printed on 11x17 size or better. Tell me what you think:

buzz_color.jpg

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Should the logo and text be smaller/less prominent ? :)

Hey, I thought I did pretty good whipping this up in 5 minutes. The Buzz photo original was actually titled a bit so I had to do some rotate and some dropping, and some black fill, but I think it looks pretty good for what it is!

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
Hey, I thought I did pretty good whipping this up in 5 minutes. The Buzz photo original was actually titled a bit so I had to do some rotate and some dropping, and some black fill, but I think it looks pretty good for what it is!

Indeed, you did and it is. However, you did ask what we thought. :D

Big Bone

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2009
North Salt Lake
Ok so I've been hunting around online to see if maybe I can find a value for these posters I've acquired but without much luck. However in my searching I've seen a lot of fakes and I'd like to run my two past you guys to see what your thoughts are on their value and authenticity.

Now I didn't buy these off of ebay or nothing, as I mentioned in an earlier post I got these from my older brother and I vividly remember these up in his office back in 1998-99 and I just doubt these were faked all the way back then.

Anyways, let me know what you think Oh and sorry for the glare, they are of course framed-

Einstein

IMG_3805.jpg

Gandhi

IMG_3808.jpg

Micah

Kaat

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2012
Amelia Earhart Think different poster

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy this poster for a reasonable price?

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I bought that one by the way :) Looks to be real, I will have to check it out when it arrives today and confirm it, but yeah it looks to be authentic.

bendito

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2012
5 Original Think Different Posters and the Educator Box

I have 5 Original 11 x 17 Apple Think Different Posters for sale. I have Albert Einstein, Miles Davis, Ghandi, James Watson, and Cesar Chavez. These came from the set sent to educators. The original box can be seen in the attached photograph on the right. All 5 sell for a total of $1000 on missingbite.com and they are selling the box alone for $400. Make me an offer on all 5 including the box or individual posters. :apple:

Attachments

• IMG_7619.JPG
    IMG_7619.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 528

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
So I'm in the same boat as the OP: I don't really have the cash for original posters, so I was looking for some reprints to hang up. Problem was, all the reprints were terrible -- you'd think they'd at least *try* to make it look authentic! So I started making my own get the quality I was looking for.

Anyway, so then I thought about it, and decided to make a custom edition for one of my favorite people -- I'm actually kinda surprised Apple hadn't used Mister Rogers in their campaign. He was really a force for change and would have easily been recognized for his dedication to the well-being and teaching of children.

So I made one for him. :)

Attachments

• mister-rogers.jpg
    mister-rogers.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 634
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.