Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthony1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
Also, make sure your not logged in on a different computer at the same time. It will give you an error on your iPad. ;)

slpdLoad

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2009
For those using Atomic Web browser, you can get chat on the regular FaceBook page by changing to Browser Type to identify as one of the desktop variants instead of a mobile browser.

Anthony1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
I didn't know that about the Atomic Browser, thanks! That makes life a little easier on te iPad...

igetit

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
Snoqualmie, WA
Also works using atomic browser with IE8 Settings.

Have you noticed a problem while scrolling? On the Atomic Browser when I scroll on the News feed the chat bottom bar does not stay at the bottom (like on a regular browser) it actually stays stationary blocking the page. This happens no matter what profile I use for the browser.

iTunes-Luv

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2011
USA
Not sure if anyone knows about this, so I decided to share with everyone. To access Facebook Chat, login to your account, then type this in your address bar - http://www.facebook.com/presence/popout.php

It looks pretty nice and let's you talk with multiple people easily.

This is a nice trick. Thanks for sharing ;)

Want to share one more thing to make it even better

Download the app Duo Browser or Browser Duo. It's a split screen browser, you can have Facebook open on one half of the screen and chat open on the other half.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
It just says loading with me, I can't get passed that? Any ideas? Be delighted if I could get this working.

Lala bby

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
I clicked the site yall put but all it says is load and it doesnt load. What do i do??

Nin1501

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2012
I think a better solution than all of these is iswifter app... Not free but not unreasonable and also allows you to play most Facebook games that require a flash player...chat works perfectly and doesn't have the scroll issue that a couple of people have mentioned. It starts as a free trial but then you have 30 mins before u have to buy it and it works faster and better after you purchase...

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
I think a better solution than all of these is iswifter app... Not free but not unreasonable and also allows you to play most Facebook games that require a flash player...chat works perfectly and doesn't have the scroll issue that a couple of people have mentioned. It starts as a free trial but then you have 30 mins before u have to buy it and it works faster and better after you purchase...

Better yet, why not just use the Facebook App from Facebook? It may be buggy sometimes but it's still better than anything mentioned here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.