Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mushu411

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
A few days ago I wiped my computer and reinstalled OSX. I made a 5gb Windows partition, everything worked fine. Today it stopped working. I tried removing and repartitioning, but it still didn't work. Now I have to hold down option to get it to turn on at all, or it just goes to that black screen. I wiped my whole computer and reinstalled everything, and this is all still happening! Please help.

Android300zx

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2012
A few days ago I wiped my computer and reinstalled OSX. I made a 5gb Windows partition, everything worked fine. Today it stopped working. I tried removing and repartitioning, but it still didn't work. Now I have to hold down option to get it to turn on at all, or it just goes to that black screen. I wiped my whole computer and reinstalled everything, and this is all still happening! Please help.

Did you try changing your startup disk?

Mushu411

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Okay it will boot normally now, but can anyone help me fix my bootcamp please!

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
Okay it will boot normally now, but can anyone help me fix my bootcamp please!

What are you going to do with a 5GB Windows partition ? Too small to be usable for even XP........

When you use the BootCamp setup in Utilities it changes the startup disk to default to the Windows side - when you are in OSX go to System preferences > start disk and then select the Mac OSX disk. Just highlight it and then close the window - you don't need to select restart for it to take effect...

Next time you startup it will go to OSX and if you need to run windows the hold down "alt" while starting up and then select Windows from the Bootloader...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.