Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

V6plumber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
Can anyone help, my iPad takes ages to charge, was ok and charged fine, then suddenly it takes 24hrs to charge 30%, was like that for a few weeks, then it went back to normal. But a few days ago went back to slow charge again.
I'm using apple mains charger

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Can anyone help, my iPad takes ages to charge, was ok and charged fine, then suddenly it takes 24hrs to charge 30%, was like that for a few weeks, then it went back to normal. But a few days ago went back to slow charge again.
I'm using apple mains charger

Are you using an iPhone Charger or the Charger that came with the iPad?

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
Are you charging by plugging into your computer or directly into the wall? It's always slower via computer.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Using original charger that came with iPad

Could be either a bad charger or bad USB cord. I assume it is the original OEM cord that came with the iPad. Also have you tried cold booting your iPad just to make sure the charging indicator is not confused:confused:

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
I have a really run down USB - 30pin Cable but it does not influence charging time in any way so I assume its your charger OR the battery of your iPad. If you can take it to an Apple store and let them check it and replace it eventually.

V6plumber

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
Urghhh, as stated its the original charger that came with the iPad, plugged into mains, not PC...thanks for your input, from what you say looks like charger is at fault, will try get to apple store..thought there might be some sort of setting that I need to click, or a trickle charge icon somewhere that is on, thanks for advice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.