Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kenneth17584

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
HELP please

I am a mac user and hav a jailbroken iphone 4 with ios 4.1. I tried to jailbreak to ios 5.0.1 yesterday using redsnow. After doing that I looked at my iphone and it said ios 4.1 still with cydia in it. Having realised the fact that I forgot to update the ios version through itunes, I tried doing that immediately and but got error 21. I then used redsnow- extras- fix recovery to recover back to ios 4.1 without cydia.

The morning, I tried updating to ios 5.0.1 via itunes again but error 21 of course then set it into DFU mode and pressed option and used the custom ipw downloaded from the web (iphone 4 ios 5.0.1). After doing that, I got error 1600 now and tried using redsnow to fix recovery again but got error. The screen is now black on my iphone4 and I really dun know wt else to do.

:(:(:(:(

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
You get the 1600 error is your host-files are still pointing to cydia, for 5.01 they need to point to apple again

Hook-up phone

Start tiny-umbrella, see if it recognizes your phone, if it does than in the advanced tab uncheck set host to cydia.

Exit TU

Download original IPSW from the net, with redsn0w make a custom no BB ipsw,
with that Alt-restore in itunes.

btw do you have blobs for 4.1?

Kenneth17584

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
You get the 1600 error is your host-files are still pointing to cydia, for 5.01 they need to point to apple again

Hook-up phone

Start tiny-umbrella, see if it recognizes your phone, if it does than in the advanced tab uncheck set host to cydia.

Exit TU

Download original IPSW from the net, with redsn0w make a custom no BB ipsw,
with that Alt-restore in itunes.

btw do you have blobs for 4.1?

I have uncheck set host to cydia and what version of IPSW should I download? ( I want to update to ios 5.0.1) and may I ask what is BB ipsw.

What's blobs for 4.1?

Thank you very much for helping:eek:

Kenneth17584

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
I made a No BB ios 5.0.1 ipsw with redsnow and tried pwned DFU on redsnow but with unexspected error. Then tried alt recovery with itunes got error 1600 again ....HELP PLEASE :(:(

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
What is the unexpected error in redsn0w?

The "blobs" are the shsh which you cab save with TU to downgrade to a lower firmware.

lets start from the beginning:
- Is your phone locked or unlocked to a carrier? Which firmware/BaseBand is it on now? (TU will tell you)
- Why do you need a custom firmware?
- If your phone is unlocked or want to stay with your acrrier anyway just update to the stock ipsw via itunes, for this you need to go into pwned-DFU
and after that do a normal restore itunes.

Kenneth17584

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
Sovled ! Thx very much got cydia and ios 5.0.1 now just trying to find appsync now but cant find it eventhough added source (cydia.hackulo.us)

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Sovled ! Thx very much got cydia and ios 5.0.1 now just trying to find appsync now but cant find it eventhough added source (cydia.hackulo.us)

congrats on your jailbreak!

Some people don't approve of mentioning the above app and repo on this forum.

Kenneth17584

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
congrats on your jailbreak!

Some people don't approve of mentioning the above app and repo on this forum.

oops.......yea but wondering is it because of using 3G downloading that causes the downloading of source error

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.